• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

80 Cadet snowblower

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Kamm

I am trying to get my snowblower that I just bought hooked up to my 80 Cadet. Does anyone have a manual for a snowblower for a Cadet 80? I didn’t see one on the manual site. Having trouble getting the drive belt between engine and gearbox hooked up.

Thanks Digger, that will work for an 82 series, but is different than what I bought for my 80. What I have is belt driven from the engine to a right angle gear box mounted on the tractor, then belt drive to the blower as shown in picture. The model tag says C36U111.
1A6DC55A-9B4F-4F54-8271-67D537792323.jpeg

Unfortunately I do not have a manual for that in my archives. I have some photos of one installed but it does not show much detail. Have you looked at the PartsLookup for the model 80 attachments? There you will find exploded views.

C36_01.JPG

___________________________________________________________________________________

C36_02.JPG

_________________________________________________________________________________

C36_03.JPG

________________________________________________________________________________________

C36_04.JPG

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here are the photos of the 80 with the snowthrower mounted:

cubcadet01.jpg

cubcadet02.jpg

cubcadet03.jpg

cubcadet04.jpg

I noticed in the photos that there is a lever on both sides of the tractor to engage the belts for the blower, not sure if that came standard on some models or if that was part of the snowblower package. Thanks for the parts diagrams, that helps with identifying the parts I have. Now if anyone has an operator/install manual for the blower that would be a big help.

The problem I’m working now is getting part 20 in the first photo, dual pulley, off of the crankshaft so I can install the belt. The length of the belt requires the pulley to be removed and reinstalled along with the belt on it.

Thanks Digger, that will work for an 82 series, but is different than what I bought for my 80. What I have is belt driven from the engine to a right angle gear box mounted on the tractor, then belt drive to the blower as shown in picture. The model tag says C36U111.View attachment 145951
I realize that it's a different thrower, but since I know of no
Thanks Digger, that will work for an 82 series, but is different than what I bought for my 80. What I have is belt driven from the engine to a right angle gear box mounted on the tractor, then belt drive to the blower as shown in picture. The model tag says C36U111.View attachment 145951
I know that H36 is not a C36, and since I or Cub Cadet do not have or know where to find a C36 manual, I thought the H36 would help some. I guess I was wrong, and I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Brad, Digger is correct, the H32 will also fit the 80, so it might have some commonality with the C36, can't hurt to have a look and see, especially the section that covers the belt install. It does not appear that the pulley on the tractor has to be removed, however, there may be a guide pin/bracket of some sort that does have to be removed. This is typical of belt drive setups where the belt has slack when it is disengaged.

There are a few similarities and i agree the 2 snow blowers will both fit the 80, 182, 282, & 382 since the tractors are the same. But the blowers mount different, the H model has a subframe that mounts under the belly of the tractor and the C36 that i have does not, as seen in the diagrams above. I believe part 20 in the first diagram came with the blower and replaced a single sheave pulley and uses a shorter belt than the H model. The pulley is keyed and held on with a center bolt. I got the bolt out but the pulley is stuck. My plan is to try a puller to remove the double sheave and then reinstall with the belt around the upper sheave while the tensioner is in a 'slack' position. My drive belt is quite short and can not be rolled over the lower sheave(for the deck) and then onto the upper sheave for the blower. So thats where im at, trying to get the tractor off the ground enough to get a puller on the crank pulley. ebay search for manual no luck. I appreciate the comments and help guys!!

By the way Kraig, where are you in WI? I'm near GB.

Back