• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

7th Annual S.E.IOWA PD Oct 20/21-2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdyer

displayname
Paul Dyer
The S.E.Iowa Poppin' Johnnies are having our 7th annual plow day October 20th & 21st (rain date Oct 27/28). It's going to be held the same place as last year, southeast of Ottumwa,Iowa . Free will donations at the food stand (hamburgers,hot dogs, soups,chips, cookies,brownies and all kinds of drinks/coffee). Food/drinks provided both days. Port-a-potty on site. Around 600 acres (sandy soil conditions) to plow. Large tractors and garden tractors welcomed. I've got a good 40 acres claimed for garden tractors alone (beans) and more ground available if needed.

If you want to plow the easiest turning soil around and shine up your plow...BRING IT ON! Leave your wheel weights at home,you won't need them. We have found that it just gets you stuck that much faster.

Here are the directions to plow site:
http://www.plowingexhibition.com/about_2.html

Come and plow.......you won't be disappointed!

Here is the thread from last year for you to review: https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/104/232276.html?1320358339

And if plowing is not your thing. The weekend of Oct 13/14 is our clubs Harvest Days at the Dave Cobler farms. This is mainly large equipment with harvesting tools. (But our club members usually take our garden tractors out and plow a while after they have finished taking in the crops. Hard plowing soil though)) Harvest Days are straight north of Ottumwa on Hwy 149 crossroad with Hwy 63 (NE corner..can't miss it). There is food and a port-a-potty. This is a GREAT hands on display of how farming was done back in the day. Some very rare elevators and grinders being operated. I'm telling ya, this event is just awesome! You can sit back and ride around on the covered people hauler being pulled by a rare tractor or participate in the activities yourself. I personally drove the people hauler myself last year. I'll pick you up from the parking field and take you to the main staging area and then right out to the fields so you can actually watch the bean or corn crop being harvested. Blacksmith demonstrations are being done too.

Either event, you are welcomed to attend.

Paul

(FWIW. Yea,I know, I have green colored tractors. Mike Beadle buys up dang near all the Cubs in my area and won't share.)

I hope to be there with my brother and a buddy of mine. Thanks for posting!

Blunier Plow Day, Roanoke, IL

Still deciding on a final date, and don't want to hurt attendance at Paul's event below.

Keep 10/13/12 and 10/27/12 in mind and we will firm up dates in a few weeks.

Sorry Paul, that was supposed to be a new thread......didn't mean to post on top of your announcement......

Not a problem Steve. Don't sweat the small stuff. When ever you make your date, I'll be there unless there's high chances for rain.

Paul

Paul D. If'n those bills that will be coming in from last weekend's unexpected trip to the E.R. don't hurt too much then I'm planning on being there. I already have four guys interested and one of them has a trailer that I can borrow.

I plan on bein' there. great plowin, great people, great food............you guys got it all!! great time last year, hope to have a great time this year...

I'll be at the fields around 7:30 -8:00am both days. When you unload, come over to the blue canopy to sign in (our insurance purpose) and then turn some dirt! There's usually some coffee and rolls at the food trailer (1st come-1st served) and lunch is from 11 to around 2 (or until the food runs out). Everything is free of charge. A donation can is on the food tables for a contribution if you choose to donate.

Kids are welcomed but need to have an adult present while operating equipment. Common sense on that rule. NO ONE wants to have an accident.

Our Harvest Days were rained out this weekend. So it will be held next weekend at the same time the Plow Days are going on. Harvest Days are at the Cobler Farm (about 15 miles north of where we are plowing), so if you want a break from plowing, you can go see old time equipment harvest corn and beans.

Paul

}<font color="ff0000">NOTICE :

PLOW DAYS THIS WEEKEND, OCTOBER 20-21 HAVE BEEN RAINED OUT.</font>}

Rain dates of October 27-28 are going to be used.

The plow fields have had 5 inches of rain on them last weekend and it has rained off and on for the last couple of days with more showers in the forecast. (We NEED the moisture!!)

Paul

PLOW DAY IS A GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went out and walked the fields myself this morning. There is a bean field and a corn field that had a disc ran across it 3 weeks ago ready to be plowed. Great soil conditions for plowing!! Just might be the best easiest ground you will ever turn over.

I'll be at the field around 7am Saturday. Will YOU be the one that opens the field??? Bring it on.

Paul

To answer all of my e-mails here:

Our plow field is right in front of the farm house and food trailer. As you come up the drive/lane to the farmstead, we are on the right (east) side of the drive. I'll be on or around the 4 seat Precision Equipment Co loaner Gator.

As stated before,coffee, pop, water, hamburgers, hotdogs, chilli, soups, chips, brownies and lots of other food choice are here at the site free of charge. We have a donation can set up by the food stand if you choose to donate to the club. A Port-a-pottie is also on site.

Everyone is welcome.

Paul

Paul D. I'm shooting for Sunday if all goes well. We have company coming tomorrow that was last minute unexpected.

Back