• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782D red cub cadet electrical

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Safety switches? PTO switch bumped? If it worked fine, then all the sudden nothing, I always check safety switches to make sure a wire didn't come loose, the safety switch didn't go bad, or the PTO switch isn't on. Next, check the ground(s), especially on the diesels.

Jumper the solenoid trigger wire to the positive battery post, if it turns over, then you have a bad circuit, not a bad starter.

I failed to mention that the starter is a new high speed starter . When we get out of the refrigerator I will try suggestions.
Thanks all.
David

I assume you mean the upgraded gear reduction starter?

Yes it is actually a high speed starter motor that has a gear reduction drive for higher torque than the standard starter.

I picked my el-cheapo gr starter off of the bay for my 882 5 years ago for $90 shipped to my door and couldn't be happier. What's wrong with them?

As others have said, check to see if you are getting 12v on the solenoid. Mine has a bad connection somewhere and I only get 9v so I keep a jumper near by to start.

<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> is not the problem ! You can buy both 18 k gold and 18k gold plate on <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>. It's a case of buyer beware .

Again, jumper wire to solenoid to prove starter function, then start working back through the wiring.

Turn on and light and fuel pump work , amp meter shoes discharge. Turn switch to start and all cease even amp meter .

Check out key switch functionality, they carried a lot of current due to the direct wired glow plugs and go bad on occasion.

Have you made any progress on your starting problem ? You can look at the wiring diagram on this web site, by the way thanks guys!! The start wire is the red one on the back of ignition switch,check for voltage there when in start position,from there it go's to amp gauge then to circuit breaker then to start terminal on starter.good luck

Latest posts

Back