• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782D journey

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So one of the previous owners put a J*** D**** air filter assembly on this tractor. It always rattled, and had multiple inlets. I sourced a correct used housing and bracket with the special plastic inlet horn, and all new OEM Kubota guts inc. wing bolt, gasket, baffle, and bottom cover.

FILTER1.jpg

FILTER2.jpg

I had a relatively small yet nagging oil leak originating from the oil plug. One of the previous owners used a rubber seal on the oil plug. Kubota specified a copper crush washer. Not risking that the threads were questionable, I purchased a new plug and correct copper crush washer. Time shall tell if this corrected it. The rest of the engine is dry

oilplug.jpg

Since I remedied the air filter issue, the fuel filters were next on the agenda. God only knows how old these were. There was a small amount of sediment/dirt in the bottom of the main filter cup. No issues with the initial startup. It ran great as usual.
filter3.jpg

filter4.jpg

filter5.jpg

Main thing with Diesels is to NEVER run them low or out of fuel, and to have a good supply of clean and liquid fuel. Diesel fuel will gel in very cold temps. Getting air out of diesel fuel systems can be an ordeal.

Since I remedied the air filter issue, the fuel filters were next on the agenda. God only knows how old these were. There was a small amount of sediment/dirt in the bottom of the main filter cup. No issues with the initial startup. It ran great as usual.View attachment 151364
View attachment 151365

View attachment 151366

So looking at your photos - am I see double?
Two fuel pumps: OEM electric fuel pump and the engine mounted lift pump.

Two primary fuel filters: OEM one connected to electric pump and another mounted on the above the frame rail.

Having a single photo showing everything out Might be able to figure how everything is connected. Looks PO bypass the original OEM setup by installing the engine mounted lift pump and primary filter on top of frame rail. Must had fuel frustrations.

Does the new Kubota primary filter have a check valve (anti-drain back)?

Nice job coming along. Should be trouble free for awhile. My 782 #2 has always been a electrical dog. Currently have jumper wire from starter solenoid to touch the CB Battery to crank and
jumper at PTO relay. One of these days…

Need to replace the wire harness since it was hacked by PO from wiring frustration. Suspect several broken wires In harness. Reason the PO gave me this Cub. It was on its way to scrapyard.

AFAIK, this is the correct setup for an early Cub diesel. The later 82 series diesels eliminated the engine mounted pump, and used the electric pump solely. Since I specified all correct OEM replacement parts, I can only surmise that the filter has the check valve.

Note that this drawing shows both designs:

full.png

AFAIK, this is the correct setup for an early Cub diesel. The later 82 series diesels eliminated the engine mounted pump, and used the electric pump solely. Since I specified all correct OEM replacement parts, I can only surmise that the filter has the check valve.

Note that this drawing shows both designs:

full.png
Another new thing I learned today... Thanks

I've sent an email out to Maple Hunter Texas asking them if they have any intention of producing this seat decal which is correct for all of the 1982-up MTD CCC machines.

82SEREIS SEAT DECAL.jpg

After several email attempts, still ZERO response from Maple Hunter Texas. Yet another example of poor customer service, which seems to be commonplace.

I have a 5200 Kubota with the diesel engine. and the electric fuel pump is at the very back of the tractor with the primary fuel filter behind the right rear tire. The secondary fuel filter is up front on the engine. I don't remember seeing any check valve(s) on that tractor.
Just thought I'd share that, maybe it'll help?

I contacted Maple Hunter through their Ebay listing, and received an immediate response. They are willing to look at making the seat decal. I will be sending them high resolution pics and dimensions.

Back