• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782D journey

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Refinished the deck

deck1.jpg

deck2.jpg

Well, guess that means you can't mow with it now... gonna have to find another one to do all the work while this one sits and gets all the "ooo's" and "aaah's".

😁
This ones claim to fame is the exceptional fuel economy, and strong power. I do rotate them [4] for mower duty so nothing sits too long.

Due to an intermittent no crank situation, I decided to replaced the tired starter/glow plug dash key switch using a new OEM Kubota switch. All of the exterior terminals were dirty, and if I were to dissect the original switch, the contacts inside the switch are assuredly suspect. The biggest issue with these was that in it's original configuration, a great deal of current went through the contacts in the switch to power the glow plugs. With the modified system with a glow plug relay, that will reduce the load through the switch, so in theory, should last a very, very long time. That key switch is physically large and heavy! The few times I tried the starter after the install, it cranked every time, so it appears that it fixed that issue.

cubotakeyswitch.jpg

I had noticed the opposite with mine. The diesel fumes were stronger to me when I had the vertical stack, versus the proper horizontal muffler placement. Nevermind the outrageous noise emitting from that stack!

SCOTT N. That starting relay is also on the IH 7.3L Powerstrokes. I gathered up ALL the glow plug relays, cam position sensors, fuel filters, etc I had stashed in my '96 PSD and the shop and gave them to SON with the truck 4 yrs ago.
I was about 9-10 years old when Dad bought me "MY Tra, ctor", a Jaun Deere R diesel, I discovered it Christmas vacation of 1963. We tried for almost two hours to start it. The R was the only tractor Deere built with a 2 cyl Pony motor, every other 2 cyl diesel got the V-4 or a 24 volt electric starter. The R was a huge disappointment, it didn't burn much fuel, also didn't make much horsepower, made a tremendous amount of engine noise, after running it 4-5 hours my ears would ring for 10-12 more hours. I don't think I ever saw Dad run it, He pulled rank and ran the Farmall Super M-TA, which had the same HP but burned 3 gallons of gas per hour vs 2 gallons of #2 diesel fuel for the R, but that magic lever on the left of the seat on the SM-TA let it do about 50% More work per hour. The R didn't get a center main bearing on the crankshaft but every other 2 cyl Deere did. Broken crankshaft were the result of lugging the engine on hard pulls. We still had 16 acres left to plow when the Township Road Commissioner bought the R to drag roads and run a pto powered rototiller. The pto drive train was another really weak spot in the R, we ran the pto ONLY to get the hydraulics to work. The township knocked the pto out once each year they used the R, 4 times. They replaced the R with an Oliver 770 diesel that I was still running ten years later with no repairs.
The '63 4010 diesel we got December of '68 was almost as big a disappointment as the R. Any time I took it to the field and didn't have to walk home was a good day.
Dad was looking for an IH 706 or 806 diesel all fall of '68, an 806 would have been a great tractor for us. We only farmed 200 acres, but by 1968 Dad and I were both working part-time off the farm. When we farmed, we farmed "Hard" as the Firestone commercial says.

Back