• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING

782D journey

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

1811Cub

displayname
1811Cub
Finally, I had enough time to devote to finish this project after the parts arrived. It went together fairly well. While it was apart, I replaced the water pump belt, and the fan belt. The fan belt was the original one, and was ready to come apart.

The old worn driveshaft:

OLDSHAFT.jpg

New crank coupler bushing installed:

BUSHINGNEW.jpg

Completed driveshaft with mostly new parts:

NEWSHAFT.jpg

NOS Kubota alternator belt:

ALTBELT.jpg

New fan belt:

FANBELT.jpg

1811Cub

displayname
1811Cub
Did ya wipe out rear case and clean pickup screen, and clean vent and reseal dipstick ???
I have not touched the transaxle yet. This one is so smooth, responsive, and quiet, I kinda hate to delve into it. One thing that will make it difficult is the 3 point hitch. The hydro filter is an old one with the IH logo on it, so at minimum it should get a new filter.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
Those rag joint bolts are WAY too tight. Tighten them until they just slightly start to deform. One pair of bolts looks too short too; might need to replace those so you will still have enough threads showing through the nut when they are tightened properly.

1811Cub

displayname
1811Cub
Matt-thanks for the feedback. I backed two of the bolts off just so the rubber barely deformed. I had two longer grade 5 bolts that matched the other two.

782DNEWSHAFT.jpg

Also installed 2 new anti-scalp deck wheels

782DDECKWHEEL.jpg

Mark Evans

Finally, I had enough time to devote to finish this project after the parts arrived. It went together fairly well. While it was apart, I replaced the water pump belt, and the fan belt. The fan belt was the original one, and was ready to come apart.

The old worn driveshaft:

View attachment 152783

View attachment 152784

View attachment 152785

View attachment 152786

New fan belt:

View attachment 152787
You need to install a star washer under the three wire ground on front left upright radiator support and the rubber joints on driveshaft are too tight over squished !!! The rest look great 👍

Mark Evans

The old worn driveshaft:

View attachment 152783

View attachment 152784

View attachment 152785

View attachment 152786

New fan belt:

View attachment 152787
I’ve welded up a lot of those shafts and then tempered them !!!