• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782 with both plow and sleeve hitch...???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbertalotto

displayname
Rberrtalotto
782 with plow AND sleeve hitch...Question. My 782 has both the plow and the sleeve hitch installed. How do you stop the plow from going up and down when you only want to use the sleeve hitch?

Unless these guys know something I don't, you have to take the lift link off of the 'plow' and chain it up or some such.

As they are, both ends are connected to the deck lift lever with solid links.

I guess it would somehow be possible to add another lift lever on there somehow to make them work independently of each other. But it would take some doing for it to look good.

I'm using a chain to hold it up with the lift bar removed. I was hoping someone had a more elegant solution.

Not fully awake yet this morning, but theoretically, I think if the float feature of the rockshaft is not welded stuck, you could use the cam knob on the side of the frame to keep the front blade from going down, but the rear lift will continue to work.

I have an 1872 with plow and sleeve hitch. I take my snow plow off every year after the snow season is done. it doesn't take that much time and it also saves fuel and wear and tear to the tractor.

Weverly, I use the plow year round so removal isn't an option, although a very obvious option.

Mgon...Great idea. Find a way to deactivate the lift cam on the side. Stay tuned!

Add front hydraulic ports and a cylinder to your plow? I actually have a 1450 with a triple hyd system I am working on. When finished the rear lift will be as stock design but the front will operate from two sets of disconnects to lift the plow and angle it as well.

Back