• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782 transmission

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wh cc guy

IHCC Supporter
Just about finished reworking my 782. Used parts from a 682 and a 782 to rebuilt the kohler series 2 engine. Replaced or repaired all switches wiring,lights and anything that needed repaired. I did learn there is a lot of things different between a 1980 782 and a later model 782. Almost finished with painting.
Got on it and it started up instantly with out any choke. Everything sounded good. Started to go for a ride and pushed leaver forward and nothing happened. Put it in reverse and it backed up just as it should. Back to neutral and everything good. Push it forward again but nothing happens. So the question is does anyone have any ideas of what might be the problem are what to check first.

Attachments

• CIMG4730.JPG
    CIMG4730.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 154
Swap the relief valves in the top of the pump and see if you can go forward, and not reverse. They are the two big ~1 inch nuts pointing up under the tunnel cover.

Two questions. I swapped the two relief valves and you were right. Now I have forward and no reverse. If you are driving the tractor which valve is bad, right are left hand? Next question. I ordered 2 gallon of hy-tran fluid from a cub cadet dealer and it came in and was from MTD. It is almost clear. Is this the right fluid or a substitute.

Two questions. I swapped the two relief valves and you were right. Now I have forward and no reverse. If you are driving the tractor which valve is bad, right are left hand? Next question. I ordered 2 gallon of hy-tran fluid from a cub cadet dealer and it came in and was from MTD. It is almost clear. Is this the right fluid or a substitute.

Back