• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782 Sleeve Hitch "PIN PLATE?????"

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbertalotto

displayname
Rberrtalotto
I bought a sleeve hitch second hand for my 782

It came with all parts including the straight lift bar.

But it did not come with a "PIN PLATE"

From a few articles I've sourced (and photo below) it appears I do not need a Pin Plate as the lift arm just attaches to the cylinder link with an extended pin?

I do not have a mower deck.....

100_4112.jpg

The Parts Lookup does not indicate a pin plate for use with the 782 and rear lift, so I believe you are good to go.

The only thing needed to connect the lift bar is a slightly longer clevis pin, which is included in the stuff I sent you.

BTW, the example in your picture is not quite right...the forwardmost pin that connects the cylinder to the rockshaft is supposed to be a clevis pin with a flat plate welded on that is captured by the cotter pin on the rear clevis pin that attaches the 3-point lift bar.

pinplate.png

I would change your setup to the one Matt shows. If the clevis pin you show holding the cylinder has a large head it could bind with the lift rod.

Thanks....The picture I posted is not mine. It is a photo I found on the internet that showed what I was referring to.

Matt, I found the longer clevis pin and used that.

Here is what mine looks like currently....

IMG_20200520_201057631.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200520_201057631.jpg
    IMG_20200520_201057631.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 216
Back