• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782 Linkage Pics

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkhoffman

displayname
Tony Hoffman
I got this tractor and although it appears all the parts are here according to 'cubcadet.com' parts list, it can't be set up correctly.
The throttle lever has little movement before the linkage goes full open to full closed.
The throttle cable bends around on what I would say is too tight of an angle.
Here's what I have. Notice hoe the Spring is bent at closed throttle.any pics to show what it should be, would be great.

263771.jpg

263772.jpg

Tony: I believe that your KT17 linkage is identical to the linkage on the M18 in an 1862. Matt Gonitzke confirmed that the linkage as shown below was correct. I think you may need to flip some of the components around a bit. Matt also got on my about having my throttle stop set correctly. You can read about my struggles in the "M18 Starting Problems" in MTD (this) section of the forum.

263791.jpg

ahh right away I do see the thottle cable linkage is upside down. AND the cbale clamp is on teh wrong side of te hbracket. That's a start.
I'm surprised that the cable wraps around so tightly to cause strain on the cable.

Thanks for the picture.

I will look for your M18 Starting problems... for additional info.

From your M18 Governor issues...I'd be interested in this little gem as well.
"Jim D. mentioned something to me awhile back about a shaft working loose and backing out that holds the governor. When that happens it essentially explodes that whole mechanism! I wonder if that is what happened to yours...? He said that Kohler put out a service bulletin about cross drilling and putting a pin to retain it. Jim, if you are monitoring this thread could you post a picture or a diagram of this repair (preventative)? "

Is that posted anywhere?

THANKS ALL
Spent a few minutes Friday night and rearranged the linkage as per JC's pictures and his M18 Starting Problems Thread.
Makes sense now, the Spring doesn't bend up on itself, I get full range from the Throttle lever.
...Checked the Governor range, it was set correctly. Played with the Main Jet and Idle Fuel Jet, they were off bit. Really happy with the way it all runs and functions. Thanks again
Creating my own Wiring harness..90% done. So much stuff cut out and just missing from the original, Buzzing it out to find the functions,even with the color code, would have taken longer. Now I have a harness with upgraded wire gauges and Separate Headlight switch and a pushbutton starter to replace the Keyswitch. Almost done with reliablility stage of this little freebie tractor. next is work on the Plow and Mower deck.

Back