• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782 jumped in my trailer

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Wyrick

IHCC Supporter
I left with a 122 and came back with a 782. I went to look at a 1811 and a different 782. Both were pretty rough and I decided I had enough projects. So I soent more on a not sure i want to sell it 782. The hydro and real disc brakes will be great on these Ozark hills. It is in great shape runs well and everything works! Looks like a 1983 CCC model. Great tractor!

Attachments

• 20220809_200729.jpg
    20220809_200729.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20220809_183309.jpg
    20220809_183309.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220809_145555.jpg
    20220809_145555.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
I left with a 122 and came back with a 782. I went to look at a 1811 and a different 782. Both were pretty rough and I decided I had enough projects. So I soent more on a not sure i want to sell it 782. The hydro and real disc brakes will be great on these Ozark hills. It is in great shape runs well and everything works! Looks like a 1983 CCC model. Great tractor!
:greenthumb:

That seems like a good trade as long as we’re using your money.

Dang - that 122 that you left, sure looks like it had a really nice original fiberglass seat. Don't see those very often.

It did - I bought it from the same guy who had the 782. He has many cubs in various states...
So, you left (sold) it to the same guy you got it from to start with. Sounds like you both are good guys.
Does the 782 have the 17hp Stage II?

I sure hope so Harry. I warned him about the problems of the Series Is. I sent him photos of how to verify that it was a Series II. I cautioned him not to believe it was a II just because the air cleaner housing said so... He told me he would check. I think by 83 they were all IIs weren't they?

I sure hope so Harry. I warned him about the problems of the Series Is. I sent him photos of how to verify that it was a Series II. I cautioned him not to believe it was a II just because the air cleaner housing said so... He told me he would check. I think by 83 they were all IIs weren't they?
I don't know when Series II came along. I thought all the 782s were originally equipped with the I

I don't know when Series II came along. I thought all the 782s were originally equipped with the I
The KT17 Series I were installed in Chassis Serial Numbers below 726124.
The KT17 Series II were installed in Chassis Serial Numbers above 726125.

This machine had the Series I originally given its 721339 serial number.

John, did you come in off the water yet? How goes the progress?

Put about 2 hours of mowing time in on the sides of our roads. I am very impressed with this garden tractor. The hydro control is awesome on hills and I love the electric pto. It will see time mowing, pulling my box blade and perhaps the snow blade this winter. I need to order a couple sleeve hitch parts. Only problem so far is a small oil leak somewhere after it ran a while. Hard to see without removing side panels. Probably wait until I get some fall yard work and new grass planted to deal with the leak.

John, be prepared to wait for the rear end cover gasket unless you order from someone who has it in stock (Digger). My local dealer (not really close) made me wait, and wait, then lost it, then refunded my money ...

I am very pleased to learn that you like your new tractor. I know you liked your 122 a lot. I wouldn’t want to be the guy who talked you into trading for a tractor you didn’t like.

Back