• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782 engine

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theoretically they should. Just make sure if the cylinder had a gasket between it and the case halves to use a gasket, or RTV if it had RTV. I think that change occurred when they went from Series I to II, among other things.

Thanks. Do you know other changes beside the oiling system?

Somewhere I had this piece of literature from Kohler that described the differences...someday I need to find and scan that. From memory, besides the addition of full pressure lube to the cam, crank mains, and rod bearings, and oil filter provision, they changed some of the stiffening ribs in the case halves to strengthen them, went from gasket to RTV for barrel to case joint (this may have occurred later but I do know I have not seen a Series I with anything other than a gasket, or Series II/M18 with anything other than RTV), plastic oil fill tube/cap instead of a pipe plug, and maybe plastic flywheel screen, too.

I want to say there was something different about the PTO end closeout cover, but I can't remember what.

Thanks for your trouble. I have one of each series both bad and trying to get one good one out of the 2. My series 2 has plastic oil fill cap, plastic flywheel screen, no oil filter. It's a 1980 model.

Theoretically they should. Just make sure if the cylinder had a gasket between it and the case halves to use a gasket, or RTV if it had RTV. I think that change occurred when they went from Series I to II, among other things.

You were correct the barrels will interchange. Got the series 2 together and running today. Everything seems to be doing as it should after replacing fuel pump,starter solenoid,rebuilt PTO, replaced PTO switch,coil,plugs, condenser,and driveshaft couplings along with a few more pieces.

I guess you should expect to replace a few pieces that has been around for 40 tears.

Back