• If you're having trouble logging into your account , you can Reset Password
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

782 cub repair

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

wh cc guy

First thing I checked the compression and found 110 on both sides. Cleaned and gaped the plugs. Grounded them against the engine and turned it over. Both plugs arched ok. Reinstalled the plugs and tried to start. No luck. pulled the plugs again and saw no signs of fuel.

wh cc guy

Checked the gas tank,cutoff valve,fuel filter and all gas lines. everything seems to be ok. Must be the carburetor.

wh cc guy

Pulled the carb off and removed the top. WOW have never seen one that dirty.
782 cub 037.JPG

Scrapped out all I could and left in cleaner 48 hours and still didn't it very clean. Hope it will be good enough.

wh cc guy

Put the carb back on and tried to start it. It turned over a few times and fired up. Engine sounded ok but I could not stop the mower blades from turning. Must be a bad switch or a bad PTO.

wh cc guy

Checked out the switch and found out it was bad. Replaced it and it did not solve the problem. Took the pto off and checked it out.782 cub 052.JPG

The magnetic fields were ok but the front bearing was locked up. Pressed it out and replaced it and all seems to be ok.

wh cc guy

Worked on the steering gear today. The wrenches needed was 13/16 and a 15/16. Not a very common size. Tried to remove the can follower but it will not unscrew from the outside. It has to be screwed all the way to get it out. You can't do that without removing the main shaft out. You don't have enough room to do that unless you remove the steering column. I just did that on a 1650 and it was not a fun job. So I am just going to leave the cam follower installed and install the Ross easy steering upgrade. I did that on the 1650 and it made a big difference. All it is a harden washer, thrust bearing, and a lock nut.

Attachments

wh cc guy

Finished the wiring that was a mess this week and started to do a little painting. Got all the light burning like they should.

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
The deck appears to be in great shape too. You should have a lot of good service from that setup!

Group builder