• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782 conversion

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen Novick

I have a John Deere 455 “ sorry to swear” on forum. That I want to install a 782D hood and side panels grill . Got the hood need side panels and front grill. If somebody has to sell. Thinking it would look real cool. If I could pull it off. I would paint all green Red of course

I don't think the crickets are from john deere ownership its because the 782D is a bit rare so the panels would be rare. if you need the hole for the muffler there is also the 1572 and the 1512 they are basically the same just in white. I am going to guess that the JD hood and/or side panels have broken. I've never seen a 455 that had a external (to the body) muffler, do you need the hole for the muffler from a 782D? if you just want the same panels with no hole then that opens up the models with that grill, hood, sides tremendously.

As a long time JD and CC fan, unless the tin work on the JD is trashed I would repair and keep it in place. Even if the parts were all available and affordable, changing them to fit the JD would be a real hassle. I wouldn't say don't do it. It's your money and time and that is your prerogative. Both tractors are long time almost classics if you will and I think changing them would be more trouble then it would be worth.

Back