• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782 3 point hitch on a 782D

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mschutz

displayname
Melody Schutz
Will a 782 sleeve hitch work on my 782D. I see you could get a Cat 0 but I don't really need all that.I would like to plow with my diesel in April.

Melody S. I noticed that Xtrememotorworks sells a bottom bracket for the aluminum rearends only I didn't notice the top lifting bracket so I would think the top would be the same as any other cast iron rear end. It is just the bottom bracket that needs to be special to keep the aluminum housing from cracking. My own thoughts are to look around for a good used CAT O three point and then get/make the A frame. The reason for this is by the time you purchase the pieces individually for the regular Brinly hitch you will have around half the cost of a new CAT O or close to the cost of a good used CAT O three point. Then once you have the CAT O you'll want to find a good CAT O mounted disc or plow. I traded (sadly had to trade) one of my three regular Brinly hitch plows even up for a really good used CAT O 12" plow. I HOPE to this spring make it to Rob Dehli's Plow Day if he has it up at Waukon again. You'll love a CAT O even though they do cost at first.
266685.gif

Marlin, I know I should do it the right way, but I have only one plow and was hoping I could just swap it between the 126 and 782D.

Check for fuel tank clearance, that would be the only stopper in my book.

I've drug a 12" sleeve hitch plow all over the place (deep, and with 20 hp in front of it) without any issues using the 5 bolts in the AL rear end. The bracket to the axle housing bolts is nice, but IMHO not an absolute requirement.

266689.jpg

266690.jpg

Thanks for responding Steve, I thought you might know. There is a notch in the fuel tank but I am not sure I can go that high. I'll go check in a while. Oh yeah, nice write up in Cadet Connection.

Back