• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

'76 Cadet 1650 , a few questions

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwentzel

displayname
robert wentzel
The hood on my '76 1650 has 'what appears to be a factory cut' hole on the forward right side, it is about 2 1/2 inches in dia and has a smaller hole on two sides of it like where bolts would hold whatever came thru the larger hole.??? Also, I'd like some open hood pics of a similar tractor showing what the side panels connect to at their forward points.

The hoods should have no holes. Hard telling what a previous owner may have had in mind drilling them.

Should only be 2 holes in the side panels. One small hole, 1/8" or so, where the retainer spring holds the two panels together on the upper front corner. And a 1/4" hole in the upper rear corners for a thumb screw to attach it to the tower.

The spring is still available but somewhat pricy for no more than it is plus they are prone to breakage. Many folks, me included, just use a short piece of 14 ga electrical wire to keep them together In front. I save the springs for use on a show rig with the hood open for display.

Robert,

I have a series of fairly high quality pictures of the hood, side panel and engine area of my 1450. The 1450 and 1650 are basically the same tractor except the engine. I actually have both a 1450 and 1650 and know they are basically identical.

I could E-Mail them to you, if you like.

Robert-

You might want to post this in the main forum. The 1650 qualifies for discussion there and you might get more response. Including pics can be a great help as well.

Robert,

I have a series of fairly high quality pictures of the hood, side panel and engine area of my 1450. The 1450 and 1650 are basically the same tractor except the engine. I actually have both a 1450 and 1650 and know they are basically identical.

I could E-Mail them to you, if you like.
Appreciate the pic offer! Assuming you have the mule drive and a mower deck? I could use pics of how the drive attaches to the tractor as well as pics of how the deck attaches to the mule . I had taken this unit apart so long ago that now I am trouble figuring out how to reassemble it, lol. I decided to run the exhaust out the hole in the hood as had eliminated the hole in the left side panel , which was crudely cut out, earlier while doing misc body and paint work. Thanks for your help, Bob

Back