• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

682 for $0.00

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittermankadets85

An old friend contacted me yesterday an told he had a present for me.... boy was he right! It has a repower Kohler Th18 ohc witch is just an awful engine from what I’ve read but it dropped a valve anyway so it’s gonna be gone.

Attachments

• 767AEB63-B48C-4CA2-A6CD-B58D9FB149DF.jpeg
    767AEB63-B48C-4CA2-A6CD-B58D9FB149DF.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 368
I’ve decided the ohc motor is not getting put back together nor is it going in the 682 this motor is way ahead of its time and was not maintained over the years . So in search of a kt17 or m18 if anyone has one laying around preferably not to far from southern Indiana .

Attachments

• A5474CB3-5ABD-4754-9AC4-F1663C1D1BEF.jpeg
    A5474CB3-5ABD-4754-9AC4-F1663C1D1BEF.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 284
  • 43BA471D-3E18-4814-946B-1C4B684AF524.jpeg
    43BA471D-3E18-4814-946B-1C4B684AF524.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 274
  • 3AA1BA43-2AB0-41BD-8D17-AFF32B3DE343.jpeg
    3AA1BA43-2AB0-41BD-8D17-AFF32B3DE343.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 277
I will share my story about replacing my 18 horse Kohler engine with a Briggs Stratton 23 hp Vanguard from Small Engine Warehouse in Muncie, IN. This was a kit designed to do the swap. The old Kolhler did not have a fuel shutoff on the carb, the Vanguard does. The wiring that came on the engine had made provision to power this fuel shutoff solenoid during the run phase but not the start phase. Thus, when I tried to start this Vanguard, it would not start. If I shot a little fuel in the spark plug holes and replaced the plugs, it would start right up and run great. I thought the problem was the fuel pump and bought a new one that did not help. I finally traced down the wiring and found no power went to this solenoid when the key switch was in the start position. Very frustrating and a slip-up on the part of Small Engine Warehouse. I am still trying to figure out how to correct this issue.

I will share my story about replacing my 18 horse Kohler engine with a Briggs Stratton 23 hp Vanguard from Small Engine Warehouse in Muncie, IN. This was a kit designed to do the swap. The old Kolhler did not have a fuel shutoff on the carb, the Vanguard does. The wiring that came on the engine had made provision to power this fuel shutoff solenoid during the run phase but not the start phase. Thus, when I tried to start this Vanguard, it would not start. If I shot a little fuel in the spark plug holes and replaced the plugs, it would start right up and run great. I thought the problem was the fuel pump and bought a new one that did not help. I finally traced down the wiring and found no power went to this solenoid when the key switch was in the start position. Very frustrating and a slip-up on the part of Small Engine Warehouse. I am still trying to figure out how to correct this issue.

Take the solenoid out, cut the tip off, put it back in. No more issues. I've done it on many briggs engines. Has no effect on performance.

Back