• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

66 series clone 129

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IHinIN

Several years ago, I got a 149 from my brother that was in need of some attention. He kept the engine and I had a K301 to drop in. I tore the tractor down completely and painted it red to look like a 66 series tractor. The grill and headlight trim are made of steel bar and the decals were cut from a set of 129 decals. A local sign shop made the Hydro decals on the hood. The tool box on the front was made to look like a weight bracket. The 48” deck was restored and improved with spherical gauge wheels on custom mounts and 1/2” black pipe was welded along the bottom edges to reinforce it.
FB8E209C-92EE-439A-BC6F-DF0ACE03FCD1.jpeg
03130FBA-5095-4A30-AC13-67ECCCED26E0.jpeg
B0AB017E-756D-4C15-B49F-638CD8B9BDF8.jpeg

Thanks guys. I think I might have posted pics here back when I finished it but I don’t think they survived the site changeover or the photobucket ransom.

Ignore that last pic with the white Cub. It somehow snuck in there. Lol

Never mind, found the edit button

One has to wonder how it might have affected the sales of Cub Cadets had they made the 1x8/9 series look like this from the factory.

It works good actually but not much down pressure being a manual lift. It was more for show then work lol. The pto turns backwards on a cub unless you have a gearbox to change direction so we took a left had mower deck gearbox from a Massey Ferguson mower and mounted it as the gearbox you see in the pics. We built custom mounts that tie into the factory lift with adjustable linkage. It’s pretty slick.

Latest posts

Back