• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

582 PTO

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jharder

displayname
Jim Harder
Trying to use it to clean drive. Everytime I turn pto switch on it kills engine.unlpluged pto and put a known good switch in same thing. Thought I'd ask here before I I got into wiring harness.
Thanks Jim

Trying to use it to clean drive. Everytime I turn pto switch on it kills engine.unlpluged pto and put a known good switch in same thing. Thought I'd ask here before I I got into wiring harness.
Thanks Jim
Your PTO is bad or it needs an adjustment. Go for the easy part first and adjust it to see if that works.
http://cubfaq.com/electric_pto.html

Bad seat switch or bad relay? There are 2 different wiring harnesses depending on the serial number.

It a early one no relay. Even with the pto unpluged at the clutch it will still kill the engine when I turn the pto switch on. To me it seems like the wire to the clutch is going to ground?

i cut the plug i made for the bypass after you said to check jumper. done the exact same thing. i by passed the pto switch safety things and it works. going to run it that way till the weather breaks. Thanks guys. Jim

I meant i cut the plugs off and wired them back together directly on the seat switch and it still killed the engine with the pto clutch unplugged.

Is the foot pedal switch by passed? I should have asked before, check the wire going to the pto for a cut. Rolands fancy colored wiring diagrams will help with the diagnosis.

I have a 1620 that every time I would turn the PTO on the engine would shut down. It turned out to be a relay that went bad. Bypassed the relay and everything was fine.

That may be fine for testing, but it's not a goood idea to leave relays bypassed.

The foot pedal is not by passed. I got a wiring diagram. Just thought asked here in the heat of the battle yesterday in case it was simple. Got a few days with no snow I will dig in deeper to it now. Thanks guys. Jim

jkoenig, My 1620 has been running for 2 summers, cutting grass once a week, without the relay. What is supposed to be the problem with leaving a relay bypassed?

Relays generally use low power to energize circuits that may demand higher power. They provide a step-up, and a safety factor.

Latest posts

Back