• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

560B push mower

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

till

displayname
Tedd ILL
I'm picking up a 560B push mower this weekend. I have searched the vault for information and asked Kraig what he has. There seems to be very little on these MTD Cub mowers.

Anybody have any thing on them out there?? Would you like to share? Post it here and maybe we can bring a rare one back to life.

I will be ordering the manuals pay day.

I have it home!! Here a couple of photo's
Front
46120.jpg

Left side (the right side is pictured in the for sale section)
46121.jpg

I have started to go over it and will need a few items for this baby. I see deck rot is not just for the big boys!!
46122.jpg

Now to see how well the sponsors are with the obscure.
happy.gif

Ted..That 560 should be a self-propelled not a push mower. Yep the deck needs some help but I suspect a good auto body man can solve that with a little help from the Parts Manual you are getting. These things are rather scarce, I'd say. Mine, the preceeding Model 574, is the first and only one I've ever seen around these parts....The difference is the drive mechanism. The decks look the same so expand your search to include the 560, 570 & 574 as well as the 560B you have.....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Well thanks to Houtz the rotted deck on my 560 will be welded up and made to work.
proud.gif

Also thanks to Kraig and Myron for your input. I am now getting a better picture of what this evolution of the Cub Cadet line is like.

Myron, you are right, it is self propelled. I just call all mowers that you do not sit on push mowers. Sorry.

Ted I: Glad you are getting fixed up. Since "walk-behinds" can either be the push or self-propelled variety, I suggest that is what you might want to call'em. It's likely to help keep the confusion down...
thumbsup_old.gif

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Myron,

Got ya. Walk behind it is.....
I will talk to the "management" about getting the thread title changed.
happy.gif

I know it has been a long time since I have posted anything here. For some reason the work "gator" kicks the "banned site" at work????? So I can not check up on the CCC MTD side of things.

I hope to have the beasty running this week end. I have way too much grass right now. Had to mow twice to get it to look OK.

Will update Friday.

Well the motor runs. Found a tooth pick in the carb main jet???? Once I removed it, the thing started and ran. It will really need a carb kit among other things. I am just glad to see the motor turn over. Now to go through the clutches and see what's up there.

Back