• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

50C 5" Deck wheel replacement

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgalante

displayname
Stephen Galante
Yesterday while cutting my grass, I heard a thump under my deck and realized, my deck wheel #14 in the illustration had fallen off, and I ran over it, destroying it. I looked for the shoulder bolt #15 in the illustration also, and could NOT find it.

Here is my question. According to the illustration the parts needed to replace the whole thing are:
Part# 734-3058 Deck Wheel $13.33
Part# 738-3056 Shoulder Bolt $ 6.40
Part# 7360272 Flat Washer $ 2.98
Part# 736-0169 Lock Washer $ 2.27
Part# 712-3008 Jam Nut $ 2.78

I'm not too worried about replacing the flat washer, lock washer and jam nut, since I have those around the house if needed. My question is in regards to replacing the deck wheel and shoulder bolt.
With a little searching, I found another part number on the Cub Cadet website and one of the advertisers websites.
Part# 753-04856A Deck Wheel Kit $12.22

It appears that Part# 753-04856A, contains pretty much everything I need with possibly the exception of a lock washer. It also appears to be less expensive than buying just the deck wheel using the suggested retail prices on the website.

Does anyone know if Part# 753-04856A is what I think it is? I haven't tried to find any of these at my local dealers, since I didn't have luck looking through the advertisers sites. I don't want to order special order something, if they don't have it in stock, and find out it is the wrong thing.

Thank you in advance.

322953.jpg

322954.jpg

Stephen G.
Those deck wheels are pretty much junk. They won't last 2 seasons.
IMHO, your better off buying a GOOD wheel.
I run them on my machines and so far they have been on for 4 years.
322956.jpg

Digger,
I have to admit, I've had that deck, with the original wheels for the 20+ years I've owned the mower and deck, and that is the first issue I have ever had. The deck is on my 1985 1512D. I'm not sure if the wheel cracked and fell off or if perhaps the jam nut came loose and the whole assembly fell off before I ran over it. I found the wheel in 2 pieces, half destroyed by the mower blades. Is the wheel in your picture an OEM wheel (734-3058) or is it something else? I don't remember seeing grease fittings on the original wheel.
What wheel is that in your picture and how would I go about buying one? Do you have a part number and/or source for them? I like buying better stuff. That is why I replaced many of the ball joints (that may be the wrong term) with heim joints on my 1512D.
Thank you for your help.

Stephen G.
I just happen to know a guy that sells'um. ;-)
PN/ 903-1890 USE 703-1890A
Click the CC specialties link above.
beerchug.gif

I didn't have access to the website when I replied to your email. I had looked under wheels NOT mower deck parts when I was looking for the part.
If I was to order the wheel, which shoulder bolt would I order? 489429 R1 or 938-3093? By the way, I did find the shipping price once I got back to my computer.
Thanks in advance.

Back