• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

50A deck on a 127?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pelton IV

IHCC Supporter
I may have the chance to pick up a 50A deck and I was wondering if a 127 with a 14 horse repower would have enough power to run it? Not sure if I'd run into any further fitment issues either if anyone has input it would be much appreciated

received_508268763795250.jpeg

Believe it or not, in my 147's past life, it actually ran a 50a deck. I still have the deck and mule drive. In order to properly mount the deck, my neighbor used the NF upper part of the mule drive, and then swapped the lower part of it for a later one to match the 50a deck. It appears that he took some heat to the metal bars that hold the mule drive idler pulleys and angled them inward towards the center pulley on the deck. I might be able to get some pictures of what it used to look like.

so is it doable? Yes! Will it be super easy? Probably not. But I think you could probably get it done with little trouble. One thing youd need to remember is that you'll most likely need an off size drive belt. Or maybe not, I can't say because by time I brought my 147 home that belt had deteriorated to nothing.

Looks like a good solid deck. If you get it and then change your mind, give me a shout, that's much better than the piece I've got now.

Thanks for the input. Kinda wondering if I'd be better off just looking for a 48 inch deck that will fit the tractor without modifications? I have heard some hate in the past for the 48s though I'm unsure what it's founded on. That would also involve finding one in usable condition.

Back