• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

50 to 54 " deck

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubs4lifeofme

Heard alot saying they like the 54 " decks. I have a 50 " on my 1882 cyclops but recently acquired a 54 with mule drive. 54" has different mule drive....if i install this will i need a different belt ?

20220113_111909.jpg

If you run an older 50c deck on the newer cyclops tractors, the blade may run at LUDICROUS SPEED according to the service bulletin:

WARNING: THIS WILL CAUSE THE BLADE TIP SPEED TO RUN IN EXCESS OF ANSI STANDARD.

Danger Will Robinson

I plan on doing it, but I never run at anywhere near full throttle.

I think I'd consider switching the center pulley. You aren't doing the engine any favors for cooling running it at partial throttle under load. The V-twins in the newer machines run hot enough as it is...

Yeah good point, although my 2182 has the water-cooled Kubota gas motor. But my 782’s M18 still doesnt get run at full throttle, I always just take it slow through tall grass.

I put a 54GT on my 782 (with cyclops front axle and power steering) about 15 years ago. It is a really nice mowing deck. I had to make some changes to the deck hangers and I replaced the front PTO with one that had the larger pulley. I think it would be a really nice deck for your diesel.

I do have to put my floor jack under the front of the tractor and lift it up off the ground in order to slide the deck under or to take it out for service and it wouldn't fit with larger than stock size rear tires but it does just squeeze under the tractor.

Two other things to keep in mind with the 82 series and cooling in addition to running at full throttle under load:

The foam seal on the firewall needs to be present otherwise the engine will be recirculating warm air through the fan and fins.

The under belly screen needs to be cleaned often. I just cleaned the one on my 1811 and couldn't believe the crap from dandelion seeds and small grass clippings that built up there in a short period.

Back