• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

482 with a B&S 11hp

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bschneebeli

displayname
Bill Schneebeli
I love my tractor but wish it had the Kohler engine, My briggs is using a lot of oil and can't get a short block anymore, I was wondering if anybody knew what modern engine would bolt right up, right now it has the type 1135-01 model 253417, any help would be greatly appreciated

Look into the honda and b&s vanguard repower kits. There are a couple of sites on the net that offer repower kits for cub cadets. You could also find a flat bottomed kohler single cylinder motor and put it in there to. Do a search on Google for cub cadet repowering, this should bring up the dealers that sell the repowering packages. Cheers Mike

Thanks Mike, do you happen to know any kohler numbers that I am looking for, I really want to keep my cub running and this winter is the perfect time to try and do just that, thanks again, Bill

Back