• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

482 Lift Handle

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwoods

displayname
R E Woods
Good morning, I have a recently acquired Cub Cadet 482. The problem I'm having is the lift release button in the lift handle is stuck. I have sprayed PB Blaster in the top around the button and from the bottom. Any thoughts on how to get the button broke free is appreciated.

Thanks

Reggie, I'm thinking it is going to take applications of PB Blaster and waiting, then repeat give it a week or so. Just curious, is the button stuck up or down? If it is stuck up you could very carefully tap on it with a hammer. I wouldn't do this until a week or two have passed with the regular (daily or twice daily) applications of PB Blaster. And don't tap too hard.

Does anyone know if the 682 lift handle and the 482 lift handle is the same?
I just happen to have a good 682 lift handle that I don't need.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Shultzie, they could be the same if the 682 that your lift handle came from is in the same serial number range as Reggie's 482. Check out the Cub Cadet Parts Lookup for details.

Hey Kraig, The button is depressed so I'm assuming that would be in the down position. The handle will move back and forth as to raise and lower the deck. Is there a schematic of the handle? I would guess if the roll pin were removed from the bottom that the plunger (button) could be removed from the top?

Reg, it would really help if we knew the serial number on the 482. Unlike the "simple old days", the 482 seems to come into the area that changes were made mid/production. Some (not me) call that "progress". Like the GM 283, the Slant 6 Dodge, and the 4.0 Jeep, if it works well, change it.
bash.gif

Okay, the serial number on that tractor is: 2050591U687246* I've tried to look this number up in the past but with no luck. I'm not sure which category the 482 falls under.

OK, it looks to me like the division point is 716387 and you're below that. Also looks like the only difference is that 716388 and above have the implement lift lock button. There's a guy on the West Coast called Harry who has his computer set up to ring bells when the word "difference" comes up - he may yea or nay my observation.
happy.gif

Can you tell what the year model is from the serial number? Just curious.

Frank thanks for posting the Louisville Works chart. If I'm reading it correctly my tractor was built in January of 1981.

Slowly getting the button and the rod in the lift lever to move. I keep spraying it with PB Blaster every other day. We'll get there eventually.

Latest posts

Back