• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

48" GT deck fitment on an 82 series

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstorma

displayname
Jim Storma
Will a 48" GT deck from an 1863 directly fit under a 982 or a 782? Model 190-317-100

Thanks,

Jim

982 will probably work. clutch. 782 would likely need the 1863 front axle to lift up the front of the tractor a bit. Those decks are very tall.

A 6" PTO clutch will be required in either case though.

Or, instead of switching clutch to 6", change center double pulley on deck to 4" to match existing clutch. That's what I did on my GT-54 .....currently under my Super 782.

I have a gt 3204 with a 54" deck. I'd like to go to a 48" so it will fit in my shed. Is a 48" deck available for a 3204 using a drive shaft off the pto?

you may want to start a new topic, the 3000 series deck drive is totally different from the 82 series, I have owned several 82s, and it will be easier for other 3000 owners to help you with 3204.
My 3235 originally had a 60 in deck, it was too big for my new place. So I found a 44 in and sold the 60.
the decks for the 3000s were a option, base GT was deckless. the sizes ranged from 44 to 60.

ron

Yes there was a 3000 series 48” deck.

Attachments for the 3k series tend to be spendy. But they are worth it, imo.

Back