• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

451 blower tractor

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeeilbes

displayname
Jesse Eilbes
Hello,
What would be a good tractor to mount and run a 451 blower effectively?

Should I be looking for a 782 or bigger or would a freshly rebuilt 1650 do the trick?
I know the clutch would be an issue on the 1650.

Thanks for any input.

Jesse

The 451 snow blower is quite heavy. you need a 6" diameter PTO at least to run it. I run a 451 on a last iteration model 2182 tractor. Without the power steering it would be miserable. Traction is going to be an issue as well without some serious counter weight. 2182 is quite a bit larger than a 782 or a 1650. I run foam filled tires, wheel weights and tire chains. I have to run chains because I snowblow a gravel drive about a quarter mile long with hills and turns I leave an inch or so of snow which quickly becomes ice. Tires without chains in my situation are useless. Plus I have a full steel cab with steel doors glass windows and heat, etc
the original snow blower for the 782 and the 1650 was a single stage - effective blower but just lighter weight. the 450/451 I believe were made for the GT/SGT's cyclops tractors

On a side note as I snowblow over gravel, I destroyed three of the plastic chutes with incidental gravel being picked up. I bought a used john deere metal chute 20 dollars online and welded that to my base. That was ten years ago at least. I also eliminated the fork at the chute. it just caused clogging.

Back