• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

451 blower 4 cheap

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they get brittle and bust ? Other than something hitting it i dont see why they would be broken. Can you get the belt off / on with 1 installed ?

The cover that came with my 450 was worn by the belt, And cracked. The blower was not installed right on PO's tractor. So the belt and pulley were not straight with each other. 20220114_175530.jpg20220114_175530.jpg20220114_175434.jpg

It is steel sheet. I believe 14 guage. It's a really close copy of the original one with the exception of the slotted holes to mount it. The plastic one just has 2 holes and is flexible to put it over the mounting bolts.

I can only assume it's the factory chute, all the paint matches perfectly, as far as color and wear. I'm 99% sure it's labeled on the tag as a 450. When I go out to the shop I will verify, and correct myself if I'm wrong. The thing is an absolute snow throwing BEAST though.

It is an early production 450, 100% identical to mine. Even down to the lift arms, the top hole is not elongated as with the later 450's. It's my believe that they changed that to allow for float of the blower. The hole below that is elongated and used for other than SGT. I bought the updated lift arms from Extreme Motorworks along with the heavy duty skid plates. Also the later productions have a 2" roll to the top lip rather than a 1/2-3/4" lip. They are very much a BEAST for blowing snow, just like Jay said.

My parents had a 2072 with a 450 snow blower that had the metal chute exactly like that. They sold it and the 2072 back in 2004. It was used to clear a rather large driveway and some area around the pole barn and detached garage so it saw a lot of use and it shows. But, as both Jay and Gary posted above, it was a beast.

450SB_01.jpg

450SB_02.jpg

Back