• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

450 Two stage blower

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys, need a bit of help again. Not sure if its just me getting older and NOT wrapping my pea brain around things or what??

Anyone who has a 450 blower on a 782 (or equivalent machine), can you post some pictures of your lift straps please. I put the ones on that I had made for my last 450 I owned when it was attached to the same 782 and I can't get it to go low enough? If I back off the stop block on the side of the tractor and allow it to touch the ground, it allows it to over center and I have to put my boot into the linkage next to the grill to apply pressure to get it to lift. I have my lift rod from the tractor to blower just about all the way out in adjustment. I tried the ones that came on it and it still allows the blower to "drop off" in unlevel ground and then the linkage is over center again and lifting is an issue. I have to drag blower back until it becomes more level and then I can lift it.

I know its something stupid I'm doing that's making it not work right. What's the proper length of lift strap for the blower when hooked to a 82 series tractor?

I did get to try it out yesterday and the guard works well, I'm happy with that. At least it will cut down on accidents when I get older and forget where I can and cannot put my fingers :bottom:

Straps....

Attachments

• 20210125_081557.jpg
    20210125_081557.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 20210125_081535.jpg
    20210125_081535.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 191
Just got one
Only place I have found is Surplus Centre for that coupler that Art used. Of course, its in USA and before customs, it will cost me almost $50 US funds to get me 3 of them to my door with UPS (cheapest way)! OMG! Isn't anything stocked in Canada anymore!!! :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
View attachment 141582
Just got one at the local hydraulic guy this week went with the 3 inch long fifty bucks plus tax cut in half then you have a spare

Just got one
Just got one at the local hydraulic guy this week went with the 3 inch long fifty bucks plus tax cut in half then you have a spare
Awesome that you found one. I have yet. I put mine back together with the best one and some heavy grease on it in hopes of getting me through this winter. I've never heard back from the company in Montreal. I'm guessing I'll have to get the machine shop to make me one? How do you find the steel chute? Does the snow stick to it easily? Do you have it coated with slip plate or a similar product?

Awesome that you found one. I have yet. I put mine back together with the best one and some heavy grease on it in hopes of getting me through this winter. I've never heard back from the company in Montreal. I'm guessing I'll have to get the machine shop to make me one? How do you find the steel chute? Does the snow stick to it easily? Do you have it coated with slip plate or a similar product?
Works good for being positioned in front of the two exhaust outlets that keeps it warm all the time, coated it this fall but a waist of time just came off, plugged a couple times last year but just Bent the two rods in the chute forward's a bit and been good so far

Back