• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

450 snow blower refurb

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And besides!
Little Donnie Tanner likes stickin little things into big things!
clappy.gif

Dennis Frisk

Thanks for your input , its appreciated . When I cut the two pieces together with my chop saw ,I had to file the edge to get them to slide again. They fit together tight with no slop.The only problem I see will be to get them welded straight (square) to each other. This is real hard material and will withstand the torque of a bigger hp than this Diesel .I will take the drum out now and have them both welded and test it .

A few days ago Steve B posted about how to install the front Steering Spindle on a tractor. Thanks to him I now have a tight wheel on one side and will need two wheel bearings , what a difference that made. Thanks for that info .

Charlie "Digger" Proctor

What he said (And besides!
Little Donnie Tanner likes stickin little things into big things )
lol.gif
. As we all know it don`t start out that way .
noshare.gif
whistling.gif

Don, Dennis,

I agree, that looks like it just might be the "fix", makes alot more sense after seeing what happened.
thumbsup_old.gif

I still never saw an impeller wipe the splines though, must lead a sheltered life? Every impeller that I've seen replaced was due to the paddles being bent back, once that happens they just don't throw snow far anymore.
angry.gif
Thanks for the pics Don.

Don You might want to put a grease zerk in that joint. If not perfectly lined up it would provide some cushion for the slack in the joint.
Just thinking.

Luther Ray Hinds

Can`t hurt putting a grease zerk in the spline joint. I have the blower taken apart and will soon get the welding done .I don`t know what is up with the main page that I can`t post ? .It was no fun getting the coiled pin out of the back impeller , I`am leaving it soak so I will be able to get it apart and off the shaft.I would think that on Saturday I should have the welding done. I have my fingers crossed that this will work. Thanks for your input. Later Don T

Hi Don,

Have an air chisel? Put a pin punch in it and it will walk that tough spiral pin right out for you. Been there, done that...
buttrock.gif

Jim Diederichs

Your way smarter than me lol. I have an air chisel and never gave it a thought. Must be some form of CRS lol. I will give that a try .
worthy.gif

Don "T", Jim is right with the air chisel, but I'll one up him. If you have a junk air chisel tool take it to the grinder and put a "punch" tip on it. It'll stay in the air chisel better and you'll need one less hand.

I did a little measuring today and found that the snow blower gear box shaft is 0.850" or 21.59 mm od.The small piece of slip spline Will be bore so it can run square with the drum. I will have this machine work done so the two can run straight.The boring of the small shaft will require a loss of 1/4 the selves thickness . I won`t trust me welding the splines to get them square and running true.The cost should be small and my only cost to repair this blower(i hope).
1a_scratchhead.gif

Thanks Frank

I found my old postings on the 450 and now can move on with some more pictures. More later !
worthy.gif

Back