• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

44C decks

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mschutz

displayname
Melody Schutz
I finally found a 44C deck for my 782D. This one has wheels on the front, the old one just had runners. What is the difference?

I don't think there are any differences. I think the wheels are better as some of the runners I've seen on the 44 inch decks are broke at the weld or bent. I think you can still but a kit to add the wheels to an older deck.

Thanks Bill, I thought it must be an option. You see some with the 4 wheels and some with the 2 wheels and runners. Both decks say model #358. The one I got with the tractor was rotted, so I have been on the prowl for another for the last couple of years. I thought about buying a shell until I saw the price! Anyways a friend found it last weekend just a little over a mile from my home. The gentleman said it has been in his shed for the last 20 years. Its solid just a little surface rust underneath. I'm going to wire bush it and paint it with enamal or slip plate.

I have a 44c deck I use on my 1650 and had some trouble finding the right size belt that worked. I ended up getting a 4 inch speed up Pulley PN/IH 126393-CI and a 77 inch belt. I believe the decks in question here use different width belts than your 782d. You may have to put a different pulley on the deck. Only other difference is the wheels.

Keith, I have a good 5/8" that came with the original deck that I'm going to try.

Put the 44C on the 782D yesterday. That deck is the quietest deck I have ever had on one of my tractors. I was just testing it out. My friend thought I had a bad spindle but all sounded good. Now for some green grass.

Latest posts

Back