• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

42” mower deck differences

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray A Weaver

Are there any differences between a 421U1116 and a 422U1113 mower deck? Can they be interchanged? I have a 107 with the 421 deck which needs some body work and I’m looking for a spare. isthere anywhere I can research the year of manufacture of the decks? Thank you.

There were three variants of the 42" mower decks. The earliest was one with cast iron ends, it is what we typically call a "cast end" and/or a "Pin on" style. It also has a cast iron nose piece.

CubPin_OnMower08.jpg

The next variant is the QA or "Quick Attach" style. It no longer has the cast iron ends but still has a cast iron nose piece with an added anti scalping roller. I believe these are the "421Uxxxx".

cubmow06a.jpg

The third variant is very similar to the second. The main difference is the "runners" on each end are half round rather than the full round style on the deck pictured above. While this is a photo (below) of the 38" mower deck this has the half round runners. The gauge wheels may have been optional on this version of the 42" deck. The second and third variants should be interchangeable. I believe that these are the "422Uxxxx".

169_Manual_56a.jpg

Back