• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

4.80-8 inner tube

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use straight.Easier if you have a T-shaped fitting to screw on the tube once you get the stem threaded through the wheel.That will keep it from sliding back through the wheel while rolling the tire on the wheel.Also sprinkle talcum powder on the tube and inside the tire.This will help prevent pinching and let the tube conform to the tire easier.

One more thing in addition to the above great advice...when using tubes, air up the tire/tube/wheel assembly to the max sidewall pressure on the tire when you first assemble it, then remove the valve core, let out all the air, and then put the valve core back and air it up to the desired pressure. This should ensure there are no folds in the tube that will cause it to quickly fail.

My Deestones say max pressure is 2.3 BAR , or around 30 psi. I run mine around 20-25 psi.

I second (Or third) the use of straight valve stems in those tires. As long as there is nothing for it to hit or if its on the outside. I only use(live with, consent to be aggrivated by) bent ones if a straight valve stem would hit something.

Latest posts

Back