• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

3rd Annual Osceola WI Plow Day - April 14

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
I just received word that the local FFA Alumni chapter will be running another Plow Day this year on Saturday, April 14.

The exact location and other details are yet to be determined, but I wanted to get the date out for now. If they are able to secure the same location as last year, it will be about 10 miles south of Osceola, and 5 miles north of Somerset, WI.

More information will be shared as it comes available...
Shift.gif

Awesome, back to back plow days, can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday in April. Hope it is the same location as last year, cause someone we know has to uncover a certain weight that he planted and didn't sprout!!!! Probably should send Craig a special invite, as he missed last year.
Thanks Ron

Think I will put this one on my calander too. just up north a bit ... but a nice road trip....

Ron, thanks for the thought.
happy.gif
(Or were you referring to Craig Carney?
dunno.gif
) Art already sent me the info via email last week. I was not able to make it last year due to a conflict in my schedule.
angry.gif
Hopefully nothing will conflict with it this year. I'd hate to miss another PD that's nearly in my back yard.

Kraig,
Sorry about the C, had plowing on my mind.
Hope to see you there

Come on Kraig. Tell them the TRUTH! You weren't there because you were too afraid your fingers were going to be cold...
aaaa_tongue2.gif

Honestly, last year's event was the coldest PD-Event I've ever been to. It would have been great to have a cab, as the North wind was really cold. If I would have had my Carhardt "Snow Pants" in the truck, I would have had those on along with a winter coat!

More info.. I just got a flier today with all of the details. This PD is a fund-raiser for the local FFA-Alumni. Proceeds go to provide scholarships toward HS graduates.

<font color="0000ff">"2012 Osceola FFA Alumni Heritage Plow Day

Date: April 14th
Time: 10:00 a.m. (registration for participants starts at 9)
Fees: $10 for participants
$3 commemorative buttons ($2 buttons for participants)
$10 T-shirts will be for sale on the grounds
Spectators watch for free!
Last Year’s T-shirts will be on sale for half price

Rules:
- No tractors newer than 1959 (with the exception of garden tractors)
- All tractors and equipment must be kept in a safe condition (we reserve the right to expel tractors we deem unsafe for the crowd)
- Draft horses are welcome
Concessions will be provided on the grounds by the Osceola High School FFA

Hayrides will be provided

All proceeds go towards FFA high school scholarships

Directions from Somerset, WI:

Head east on Hwy 64
Turn Left on County Road C (6.5 miles)
The field will be on the right, look for signs"</font>

Art, I live in the Somerset area and those directions don't make sense.
1a_scratchhead.gif
County Road C (County Highway C?) is only about 1/2 mile East of Somerset on County Road VV/High 35/old Hwy 64, not Highway 64. Unless they meant County CC which is about 5.5 miles East of Somerset on Hwy 64? But then 2 miles north on County Road CC and you'll connect up with County road C again. Or if you head about 6.5 miles on County C you'll connect up with County CC.
dizzy.gif
Please get better directions, or better yet a map or a marked up screen capture from Google Earth.
a_blink2.gif
My guess is that it's near the intersection of County C and County CC which is actually closer to New Richmond.
dunno.gif

Art, yes it does, I know exactly where that is. And note that it is near the intersection of County Highway C and County Highway CC. Sooo, even though the directions were not well written I figured out where it must be. I may have to make a better map to post.

Under edit: The guys heading West/North on I94 (Ron, Vince, Brian) might want to take Highway 65 north into New Richmond.

I should be there with cameras. If my Original, "K4K", starts this evening, I might bring it to plow with.

Ron-
You can say that again!
beer2.gif

(Don't forget my Original water-pump this time, I was overheating BAD last year!)

Kraig-
What do you mean "if" it will start??? You certainly put Sta-Bil in it last year, and have a freshly charged battery. Of COURSE it will start!

Art, there's no gas in it... Regardless, I ALWAYS use MMO in the gas for all my small engines, MMO preserves the fuel much like Sta-Bil. Last I checked the battery had a charge...
rolleyes.gif
I just don't remember when it was I last checked.
dunno.gif
old.gif

Ron, don't forget to empty the oil from the oil bath air cleaner (if so equipped) for the road trip, oh, and don't forget to bring some oil to put into the oil bath air filter on your Original.

Kraig-
It's OK, you bring K4K and we'll just drain some oil out of that for our oil-baths.

roflol.gif

Back