• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

3rd Annual Garden Tractor show Portage, WI 7/11 thru noon 7/13

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Billed as "3rd Annual Garden Tractor Daze Show"
Starts Noon Friday thru Noon Sunday
Details @ 608-297-74 hundred

Thinking of swinging by there this weekemd.
Anybody gone to it before?
At the Columbia CO fairgrounds in Portage, WI
AKA Veterans Memoriall Field

Dave,
Try to get ahold of Steve Shaff. I believe he ran up to that show last year. He'll have some more insight.

I have gone to both shows. About doubled in size from first to second year. Nice swap flea market.
Large grounds plenty of parking. All different brands and some real old stuff last year. I plan on going Saturday.

Sounds good, Ken! Thanks!
I'll only be there Friday PM as we are enroute to MPLS area w/a stop at Colfax, WI on Sat to look at Cub haulers at Johnston Trailer.

They build a really good looking unit and I'm mighty keen on the yellow one pictured on thier home page. www.johnstontrailerco.com

DAVE - Ever seen a Behnke Enterprises trailer?

Local trailer sales place used to sell them. The brick mason SON worked for bought a 14,000# tandem dump to haul brick, mortar, & sand.

Friend told me they're one of THREE trailer builders in Farley,IA.

Nice showing of Cube today at the Potage meet.
But not enough to out weigh the turnout of Allis, Case, Ingersoll and Colt! Lots of those plus a few odd balls I have never seen before.
Here are some of the Cubs and a pic of the classic grandstand at the fair grounds.
Free admission on Friday (1/2 day only we were told on the admission, entrance fee collected on Sat & Sunday) and free display space for show and swap as well as $35 camp spaces for all weekend and WI Dells is only about 1/2 hour away.
Enjoy!

288313.jpg

288314.jpg

288315.jpg

Thanks for the pics David,
The 2 cubs with a connecting drive shaft is intersting

DAVE,JEFF - Guy on my other forum posted pic's of his "Tandem tractor" he restored. Originally back in the late '50's, early '60's it was a JD 720 diesel plus a Super M behind pulling an Oliver 6-16 pull plow. Now it's a 400 FARMALL plus a straight '52 M which supposedly had the same faster gears as a Super M & 400. Not sure if they'll hook to the plow, but the same Oliver 6-16's is still in their shed.

They're from Chebanse,IL, just south of Kankakee, ground as flat as a pool table, but pulls pretty hard... just like the ground down at Rantoul AFB, Half Century of Progress.

Those tandem tractors were common in some areas of the midwest 50+ yrs ago, tie two row crop tractors together and plow, disk, whatever, then still be able to cultivate or mount a picker later in the season.

But on that "Tandem CC", where's the other engine? In effect, he's just made a 4WD CC.

Back