• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

3206 14A 652 100 Cub Cadet

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmeador

displayname
G Meador
I have a Lift-valve leaking on this 3206 cub cadet. With the fan blowing all the oil/grass/dirt all over everything. My question is: in looking @ the parts breakdown, looks like the whole back end of the tractor has to be removed to get to this, in other words, its gonna be a PIA of a job. Have any of you had this problem and how did you solve it?
Thanks in advance,
gmeador

That is a common issue on the 3k tractors. You will need to pull the seat assembly, foot pedals & floorboard bolts to remove the fender pan/ floorboard assembly as one piece.

Here are some pics of the spool valve pulled apart and the O rings for the spool valve. I would also replace the spring inside of the spool but Cub Cadet doesn't show the parts breakdown for the 3k tractors (great job MTD!) so just use one from a cyclops machine (part #732-3059).
DSCN1422.JPG DSCN1424.JPG
All 3k owners need to keep a bag of the O-rings & backup O-rings for the hydro lines also. Here is what should be on the lines when you pull it apart but most of the ones I did have not had the backup ring for some reason.
DSCN1428.JPG
Here are the McMaster Carr numbers for the 3 rings needed for this repair.
DSCN1425.JPG

That is a common issue on the 3k tractors. You will need to pull the seat assembly, foot pedals & floorboard bolts to remove the fender pan/ floorboard assembly as one piece.

Here are some pics of the spool valve pulled apart and the O rings for the spool valve. I would also replace the spring inside of the spool but Cub Cadet doesn't show the parts breakdown for the 3k tractors (great job MTD!) so just use one from a cyclops machine (part #732-3059).
View attachment 146096 View attachment 146097
All 3k owners need to keep a bag of the O-rings & backup O-rings for the hydro lines also. Here is what should be on the lines when you pull it apart but most of the ones I did have not had the backup ring for some reason.
View attachment 146100
Here are the McMaster Carr numbers for the 3 rings needed for this repair.
View attachment 146099
Oak, Thank you so much for this reply. Took me three washings and still not completely clean just to see where this oil was coming from. Judging by what I was looking at, felt the whole tractor would have to be disassembled just about. Thanks for the list of part #'s you supplied also. Seems everything about this thang is a PIA.

Back