• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

301 and blue oil

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Black

i picked up 2 - 5 gallon hand pumps other day. one of the 5 gallon piles still had some valvoline fleet hd sae 30 in it. about a gallon of it.. i think its oil. only blue oil ive seen is for 2 cycle mix.
how do you folks think the kohlers will fair with it ?
i hate to toss it if it can be used in the motors.

i picked up 2 - 5 gallon hand pumps other day. one of the 5 gallon piles still had some valvoline fleet hd sae 30 in it. about a gallon of it.. i think its oil. only blue oil ive seen is for 2 cycle mix.
how do you folks think the kohlers will fair with it ?
i hate to toss it if it can be used in the motors.
The only Valvoline oil that I ever saw that was blue, was the full synthetic racing oil. Post a pic of it and that will tell the story.

IMG_0007.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg

i called valvoline the guy who answered never heard of it bein blue. he said he pulled up a data sheet saying it should be amber or normal color .. i dont think ill use it. but no idea never seen blue oil lol

i do use the T supply 5 gallon 10-30. for 50 a pile lil easyer on the pocket.
i would think its ok oil to use.

Given the API service spec, it's likely about 40 years old. I personally would not run "new" oil from a 40-year old opened container in anything I cared about just for the sake of using it.

It would be on its way to my local waste oil recycler if it were me...

Kendall GT-1 Green tint. Brad Penn “Green oil” Brad Penn bought the plant years ago. Loaded with zinc. Probably Best oil ever refined. It’s all i use in my cast iron “Big Block” Buick 455. If you Google Machine shops in Pa. “ Engine builders. They ALL sell Brad Penn oil

Latest posts

Back