• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

3 point hitch question…..

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Light

I have a 2082 that has a 3 point hitch on it. I purchased a category o A frame to use a 2” ball on it. I tried putting it on and ran into a problem with the top point. The connection point on the tractor is not wide enough and is not located on the unit where it seams it should be.

Is the location correct? Am I missing a kit item? Is it a standard cat 1 layout?

I have attached pictures. The A frame is laying down. See the top point bar laying on the frame. I have included the model serial number tag.

Attachments

• 2678AF9C-14A3-4B3F-BBB9-5FC4E0A90336.jpeg
    2678AF9C-14A3-4B3F-BBB9-5FC4E0A90336.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 3284D93A-50B6-48D7-B0A6-AF8C4AA7E4B8.jpeg
    3284D93A-50B6-48D7-B0A6-AF8C4AA7E4B8.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 116
Cat0 top links are the smallest, then cat1 and so on. If you bought your top link at tractor supply, or a similar store, is highly possible that someone put a cat 1 link in the cat 0 spot. They also sell them in different lengths. So, stand your A frame up so it's perpendicular to the ground, and measure the distance from the attachment point on the tractor to the attachment point on the A frame. Also measure the width between the "tabs" on the tractor. But a cat 0 link should fit in there. These dimensions will give you the info you need to get the proper top link.

Latest posts

Back