• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

25th Annual National Red Power Round Up Huron, SD, June 26-28 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more...
287864.jpg

287865.jpg

287866.jpg

287867.jpg

And just because I know someone who loves their Binders with Farmhand loaders...
287869.jpg

WYATT - The guy who owns that first built 1086 also has his other tractor there @ RPRU. You should check it out, a "5388". Started life as a 7120 or similar Magnum, and then was re-powered with a DT-466 and trimmed out as an all IH tractor using ALL OEM parts. Sounds like another tractor on display @ RPRU doesn't it!

I was so happy to see the "Last Farmall 5488" got new tires at the RPRU in Penfield back in 2002. It was originally built with B.F. Goodrich cane & rice tires frt & rear. Looks like it's been updated to 42" rear rubber since Penfield now.

Here's the 5388 prototype recreation. I had to chase it down already loaded on the truck!

287930.jpg

287931.jpg

287932.jpg

287933.jpg

JEFF - I spent a LOT of time staring back into the pickup of a #55-T baler with the IH C113 engine for power when I was young, started driving the tractor on the baler when I was about 10 yrs old. We had a REAL small haying crew, normal crew was Me, Dad, & neighbor who owned the baler. As I got older I'd switch off between driving the tractor on the baler and loading the rack. Our little crew could do 1000+ bales in an afternoon if the baler cooperated.

An IH #55 baler is a BEAST.. makes really BIG bales, longer, wider, & taller than most any other "Small square bale", which means they're heavy, and the baler itself is really heavy. All the #55's are really worn now, and the one the neighbor had was really fussy 45-50 yrs ago and needed constant fussing with the knotters.

An IH #55 baler is NOT something you want to make 150 bales a year with.

it is a beast of a baler

thanks for all the pictures

JEFF - Neighbor used a D-19 Allis to pull that baler a couple years, and with the baler running, and a full hay rack with 72 bales the plunger would still rock the tractor, baler, & load of hay back & forth close to a foot.

The last year when the neighbor had the PTO driven IH #37 baler, it seemed like a toy in comparison, but still put a LOT of hay in the barn by the end of a day.

I'll second Allen's comments, great photos! Keep posting them please.
bouncy.gif

I have a few pictures as well, but need to spend a lot of time resizing them. Currently, I am trying to recover from the upper repertory infection that I picked up while at the show.

Brian, I didn't know you were a thespian (Definition of repertory: Noun, an organized group of actors that performs many kinds of plays with each play being performed for only a short time.

Note: I'm assuming you meant to type upper respiratory infection.
smile.gif

Hope you're feeling better soon. Summer colds are the worst.

Actually, Jeremiah, I am! I have spend many years as a stage technician, Stage Manager and production manager for several companies and schools.

I have to resize all my pictures because it seems as if they are always above the 100 meg maximum for posting. Yes, I have an upper respiratory infection, and I look forward to posting the pics when I gain a little more strength.

Back