• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

24th Annual National Red Power Round Up June 19 - 22, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No pics, but I heard that the Cub Corral filled up early and they had to add another barn to handle the overflow, LOL

I have a friend there and he said its packed and great weather.

I was there the last two days and it doesn't disappoint. There is a lot of stuff to see, lots of people selling a variety of parts/memorabilia, and other fun events like tractor square dancing. The fair grounds are also awesome for an event of this size; lots of shaded places to sit, lots of permanent restrooms all over the place. By far the nicest RPRU I've ever attended. The OH chapter 6 guys/gals did a wonderful job.

Just got home from the rpru. And I gota say that there was more stuff in Indiania when it was there last. Esp cc. I think if they woulda moved the new cc up tighter they all woulda fit. Maybe they had more stuff there yesterday and the days before. Although I did but a brinley double gang disc. Had to buy on half from one guy and the back half from another. But all in all was a good time. Heard there was a guy from Wisconsin that brought 3 loads down by himself. and I know for a fact its a min of 7 hrs from there to the Wisconsin state line. that makes a total of 6 trips there and back. Yea no thanks.Jim

I thought the Lima show was better than the LaPorte IN show. The location and grounds were better. The amount of CC did not disappoint.

I guess someone has to post pics, even if they weren't there!
259792.jpg

259793.jpg

259794.jpg

259795.jpg

those are good pics,,, thanks Charlie

Some one else must have some to share??

I was at show on Friday, sorry for just getting around to posting a few photos now. Unfortunately they are not as good as Charlie's pictures. I thought the show was great, but it was my first RPRU. I was amazed at how many (several hundred?)farm tractors showed up, the old trucks, vendors, etc. I found the tractor parade and the Nebraska drawbar test simulation on the dirt track very interesting. I was wore out just trying to cover most of the show in 1 day. As for Cub Cadets, I would guess there were 160+ tractors on display, and plus some in vendor area for sale. The first picture shows an overall shot of the main building, probably 100+ CC tractors plus a few new ones in foreground. Next to this building was an overflow area (with the animal pens) and there were maybe another 35 CC's displayed in there.
259820.jpg

Then there was maybe another 25+ CC tractors scattered around the grounds, many intermixed with the big tractors. Next picture shows a row of CC's just across from main two buildings.
259821.jpg

Since I have a preference for red CC's, I was interested in a 982 displayed with a sickle bar mower - very nicely restored, as shown in next picture.
259822.jpg

Next picture shows a nice 4 CC display among the big tractors of a 982 / 1282 / 782D / 682. Very nicely restored.
259823.jpg

The last picture shows a 782D that had been customized and restored as a miniture 5288, with a customized front grille, and special rear tires - mounted on a rotating turntable. Owner did a great job on this CC.
259824.jpg

In summary, a great show - wish I had more than 1 day to spend there.

I also have pics of RPRU cubs but most are similar to Dennis's. Also lots of iphone video (which I could forward to someone if it could be posted here???...)

Charlie/Dennis,

Thanks for posting the pictures from RPRU. Wish I could have been there too.

Charlie,Dennis thanks for the pics, the 1066, fire engine, and 782d custom are my favorites.

3 point sickle bar mower on a 982 and a tractor fire engine. I would have been like a kid in a toy store.

Time for someone to start a new thread for the 25th RPRU in Huron, SD, June 26-28. I don't know how to start one.

Latest posts

Back