• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

23x10.5 turfs on 100 with 42” deck

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cub1961

anybody do that? looks like it will be darn close to hitting the deck wheels. the 8.5 leaves about an inch and a half.

anybody do that? looks like it will be darn close to hitting the deck wheels. the 8.5 leaves about an inch and a half.
Relocate your rear deck wheels to the inside.
1662925379930.png

1662925465572.png

ok i can see that. my deck is different but i could fab some brackets and drill some holes to make that work. thanks

You must have a cast end deck, you will have to cut the old mounts off as they will still hit the tire. Then make some brackets.
Why not get some smaller tires instead?

Last edited:
Why not just stick with the 8.50 wide tires?

I really don't understand people's obsessions with going with wider and wider tires than what the tractor originally came with. Unless your property is a swamp you are not really gaining anything...

There are advantages to wider rear turf tires. Back when I still had 6-12 rear turf tires & 4.00/4.80x8 frts on my #72 we had a lot of rain one week, grass grew like crazy, I had to mow, the grass was dry, the ground was totally saturated with water, I actually made shallow ruts in the yard that you could feel if you drove 90 degrees to the direction I mowed for over a year. Bigger heavier tractor like my 982 with 12.00x12's on rear and 18-8.50x8 fits probably would have made ruts too. A few spring/fall Freeze/thaw cycles eliminated the ruts eventually.
Even constant mowing following the same sets of tracks creates ruts too. It's best to alternate mowing patterns.

Why not just stick with the 8.50 wide tires?

I really don't understand people's obsessions with going with wider and wider tires than what the tractor originally came with. Unless your property is a swamp you are not really gaining anything...

The reason is that i have a set of 10.5 turfs already that are in excellent condition. they came on a 100 that i am going to put 10.5 ags on for pulling my firewood cart. 10.5 ags are probably overkill but i like the looks and sometimes i need to get wood out of some pretty mucky places on my property. i would not normally buy 10.5 turfs but the 8.5's that are on the mower 100 are getting smooth so these will help.

Latest posts

Back