• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2284 garden tractor with 324 mower deck spindle rebuild

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LGSWE

I'm new to the forum so I'm hoping I'm asking this question in the right area. I have a Cub Cadet 2284 with a 54" model 324 mower deck. The spindles on my deck need to be rebuilt. I'm trying to figure out what all I need for the rebuild. I tore all three spindles apart to examine them for wear. Of the three spindle housings, two of the split ring in the center of the housing was loose and sloppy. The split ring in the third housing was tight. Due to the cost of new housings I'm wondering if any of these should/need to be replaced? Any and all advice will be much appreciated. Thank you

Thanks for the welcome. I've been a "Cub" person since 1975. That's sort of telling my age. (old fart! :rolleyes:) I hope I'm asking this question in the correct area. Over the years I've done many different "projects" on my Cubs, but this is the first time I've rebuilt spindles on a mower deck and I'm not quite sure if what I describe in the thread could be an issue an issue or not. After looking over the site I thought this would be a good place to ask the question. With all the things (Corona) going on right now, be safe and have a great day.

Welcome. And yes, you posted in the correct area. I don't have any CCC/MTD tractors, so I can't answer any questions about your unit, but I'm sure others will chime in to answer any questions for you.

Sorry - I guess I lied; I do have a Cub Cadet zero turn mower, ZT1-42", but I haven't had any problems yet, so I forget!

Back