• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2185 with a 303 blower, belt rolls over

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westare

displayname
Wade E Stare
Hello, I have a 2185 with a 303 Cub Cadet blower.I just purchased both items from different sellers. I have the 2185 running great. I installed the 303 snow blower with little to no problems. The belt that drives the 2 stage blower and the auger, rolls over on it's side when I engage the clutch or even when I turn the pulley by hand. The roll over starts between the large pulley on the blower and the spring loaded pulley to the lower left of the large pulley.
The belt lays fine when it is off, it is not worn at all.
Is it OK to run it this way or is there a simple fix?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Wade S.
One of 2 things come to mind.
1. The pulleys are not aligned, hence rolling the belt off because the belt is catching the edge of the pulley or pulleys.
The first thing I would check would be the idler/tension pulley.
2. Your not using the correct belt for the application.
Automotive belts will not work.

I wonder if someone changed out the idler? That should be a flat idler riding on the back of the belt. If it was swapped for a sheaved one it would also roll the belt over.

Latest posts

Back