• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2185 fuse issues

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdeschiffert

displayname
Jerome de Schiffert
Hi there.. Very interesting reads on this site. My son recently bought a HDS2185. It’s a little rough looking but cuts his lawn (40 minutes worth) without trouble. He also cuts another lot about a mile away. He drives it there but then after about an hour of cutting, it just dies. When I looked it over, I noticed that the 30 amp fuse located just below the starter had blown. Replaced the fuse and everything worked again until the next time, pretty much the same sequence of events. Does anyone have any insight as to what could cause this? My ‘76 1650 hasn’t given me any trouble like this!

Check the easy stuff first.. Loose connections, bad grounds, cracked wiring etc... As old as these machines are sometimes it is just something simple like that... I would do that before I start throwing parts at it...

Thanks for the quick response. I'll start by looking for that. But it still strikes me as curious that it'll work fine on a 45 minute cut but then blow when it's been working a little harder on an hour-and-a-half job in longer grass.

Shine all your electrical connections under the hood and also the ground connections.. Could be there is something creating a higher current draw and blowing the fuse..

It turns out that my primary issue is the PTO clutch. I pulled it and discovered that half the bearings are missing. The wiring fused together from the heat build-up. Now I just need to find another clutch assembly (hopefully not at the $400 retail price they’re asking in my area!). Thanks for the help!

Back