• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2182 will not stay running

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpaulusma

displayname
Ken Paulusma
I parked my 2182 last spring and was running fine I just went to start it to move it to give it a once over and it starts fine but as soon as i let go of the key it stalls
Any ideas? I did start it a few weeks ago and ran it for a few minutes no problem Any thoughts how i can hot wire to check the switch? (That is without digging the switch out of its position..

I parked my 2182 last spring and was running fine I just went to start it to move it to give it a once over and it starts fine but as soon as i let go of the key it stalls
Any ideas? I did start it a few weeks ago and ran it for a few minutes no problem Any thoughts how i can hot wire to check the switch? (That is without digging the switch out of its position..
Could any number of switches, relays and or the dash panel, they are notorious for screwing up.
1598731124470.png

1598731142045.png

1598731164600.png

That helped The ignition switch was oxidized --- some contact cleaner and steel wool a bit of scraping and i am back in business
Thanks for the schematics

Most likely the ignition switch. Make ignition contact on start, goes' open when released to run. If you have a a light position on the switch, after starting move the key past run to it.

Latest posts

Back