• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2182 w/ 450 snow blower PTO belt routing question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marnold

displayname
Matthew Arnold
Hello all,

I have a new to me 2182 and and new to me 450 snow blower. This is an upgrade from my 149 and QA42.

I have a dumb question. I wasn't paying attention when I pulled the mule drive off the 2182 to install the snowblower. Does the belt wrap around the PTO pulley inside of the "torque arm" or over the top of it? If it goes over the top it seems to rub. If it goes to the inside, it seems like I'm going to have to use shear meaness to get the belt between the torque arm and the pulley. I appreciate any input.

Best regards,

Matt

Matt A.
The Parts Look up is a wonderful thing. It's got pics.
thumbsup_old.gif

292578.jpg

I understand how to use the parts lookup. I even did. I have the snowblower manual. I even referred to it. However, it doesn't answer my question. The torque arm for the electric PTO isn't shown in that picture.

So, I repeat the question. Does the belt go over the torque arm, or between the arm and the pulley?

Thanks.

Matt

matthue
No understanding what you mean when you say torque arm ? what part is it in the parts look up above?

the spring in the top left corner in Charlie's post is the tension spring for the belt .34 is the piece on the right bottom rail and the spring goes to 49 on a bolt on the pulley to tension the belt. picture of blower is looking left facing the left side of the blower to tractor

Thanks for the picture. Now we can all speak the same language. The torque arm according to Cub Cadet/MTD is the round piece of bent bar stock in the lower right hand corner. It seems to keep the outer part of the PTO from spinning freely. On my tractor, it is bent more towards the right side of the tractor (to the left in the picture). This may be why there doesn't seem to be enough clearance to fish the belt behind it so it can go straight down to the blower pulleys.

Best regards,

Matt

Nice PTO clutch bearing!!!!!

Steve B

I would say there are a few missing parts to that bearing . It must have been noisy. lol

Thanks for your help guys. Got the belt routed properly last night. Snowblower runs like a champ. Much better performance than the 149/QA42 combo.

Best regards,

Matt

Back