• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2182 Rear Suitcase Weight Bracket 190-447-100

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlarson

displayname
Timothy Larson
Hello Forum

I am in need of a scarce part and have checked the usual part suspects for it, this is why I come here to you all to ask your help.

I am need of Rear Suitcase Weight Bracket - 190-447-100, new or used. I plowed last year and the rear end was too light. I will fill the tires as a last resort but prefer to go this route. No wheel weights sets were made for this.

Anyone who chooses to help out in any way, I appreciate it.

Tim

I don't have one, but I do have this excerpt from an accessories catalog. Might help someone recognize it.

Weight Bracket.jpg

Hi Tim,
the suitcase weights are far easier to manage. the bracket is easy enough to fabricate or have fabricated unless you are a stickler for OEM or new parts. CC did make wheel weights for the 26-12x12. there may still be an OEM version out there at cub or another brand. the 12' rear rim is still used on new equipment (XT3). oem-190-784 wheel weight is still available which is for the 12" rim - they are 100 pounds. I would not buy new unless you cannot find used. they are simply bolt on weight and not a wear item.

Hi Tim,
the suitcase weights are far easier to manage. the bracket is easy enough to fabricate or have fabricated unless you are a stickler for OEM or new parts. CC did make wheel weights for the 26-12x12. there may still be an OEM version out there at cub or another brand. the 12' rear rim is still used on new equipment (XT3). oem-190-784 wheel weight is still available which is for the 12" rim - they are 100 pounds. I would not buy new unless you cannot find used. they are simply bolt-on weight and not a wear item.

First, thanks for responding I appreciate your help.
What you say is good to know. I was going by what my dealer told me and what I saw on Parttree about the wheel weights. The dealer told me there was a weight set available through CC but there would be modifications involved to put it on my unit. Could this be a different set they are referring to as they didn't tell me a part number? The ones you are telling me about, the 784, are they direct bolt-on with the X3 weight adapters, (longer allthread I assume)?
This appears to be the one you speak of:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MTD-OEM-19...133535918290?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

First, thanks for responding I appreciate your help.
What you say is good to know. I was going by what my dealer told me and what I saw on Parttree about the wheel weights. The dealer told me there was a weight set available through CC but there would be modifications involved to put it on my unit. Could this be a different set they are referring to as they didn't tell me a part number? The ones you are telling me about, the 784, are they direct bolt-on with the X3 weight adapters, (longer allthread I assume)?
This appears to be the one you speak of:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MTD-OEM-19...133535918290?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10
those are the ones I found - but you could check deere, kubota, toro, etc etc most everyone uses or used 26x12x12's
you should check the web/hub section of the xt3 and 2182 wheel to verify the bolt pattern for the holes on the weights. if they are different locations it would not be a big deal to just drill another set of holes in the 2182 wheel. the weights are pretty much self centering - take the rear off lay it on its side, put the weight into the wheel and mark your holes. top speed is like 12 MPH so even if you are off center you will never know it.

I second the wheel weights. A quick search and I see someone here in PA mounted weights on theirs...
download.jpg

You use turf tread tires, correct? - if so, put the weights on the wheels and leave them there all year long. Those, along with chains should suffice.

I always thought about making a bracket for the back of my 100 consisting of a 3/8" metal plate with a vertical post that I could stack weight lifting plates on (you can find them everywhere for cheap). But your 2182 isn't beefy enough for something like that.

Back