• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

20th Annual Red Power Roundup, July 23-25, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie, Thanks for posting this <font size="-2">(For Art).</font>

If all goes as planned I'll have K4K at RPRU.
bouncy.gif

Soooo, if I bring K4K (my recently refurbished Cub Cadet Original) does that make me an exhibitor?
dunno.gif

Art, no need to comment about me having to ride K4K around in my birthday suit to qualify as an exhibitor...
blush.gif

KRAIG - Just K4K is required to qualify as an "Exhibitor". The thing about the "Birthday Suit" will get You some VERY unwanted attention either from Our local law enforcement or from some of Our local citizens who practice "Alternate" life styles.
jawdrop.gif

According to the website they may even let ART in for free!

Denny, trust me, I have NO intentions of riding my Cub Cadet around in my birthday suit...

What days are everyone going to be there? Since it looks like I finally found a job after being unemployed for the past 4 months, I plan on only being there on Saturday.

Jeeze, I'm gone for a day and all HECK breaks loose...

Kraig-
Birthday suit?? <font size="-2">Me thinks Kraig is smelling too much solder fumes at work again.</font>
lazerburn.gif

It must have been the heat and humidity we've had the last couple of days
whistling.gif
Not to mention the A/C in my Isuzu isn't working.
bash.gif

I'll be there Friday and Saturday for sure, and maybe Thursday if I can get out of my Economics class that day.

WES - Congrats on the new job! Your new employer wouldn't happen to need ANOTHER new employee would they? Eleven months ago Today I got laid-off too.

Does anyone know if there will be a pulling track in use at Red Power?

There's supposed to be a BIG tractor PTO dyno avail. for "Bragging Rights" but from what I've gathered over @ RPM's forum the cost of insurance went thru the ROOF if they had a pulling track.

Has anyone heard if Cub Cadets are going to be part of the "parade to the IH Archives"?

Seems like it would be difficult with the relatively slow ground-speed of a Cub Cadet...
1a_scratchhead.gif

Art,
I can't say for sure but I would think you would have to have some from the Cub, A,B,C,H,or M and above to get the MPH. Along with that the meet at the CC Corral may be later than noon. I sure want to make it to the Archives!!!!

Ummm, Art, if you would click on the "more information" link on the "Parade to the Archives" area on the RPRU website you'll get a pdf file which states:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Tax Deductable Donation of $20 per person. Open to all Trucks, Scouts and Tractors. No steel wheels, Cubs or Cub Cadets. Operators must have a valid driver’s license.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Hmmm, funny, they didn't spell deductible correctly...

The latest issue of the <font color="0000ff">Wisconsin Historical Society</font> newsletter called "Columns" just showed up here at work. The following article was inside....

"The National International Harvester Collectors Club will host its annual "Red Power Roundup" show on Willow Island at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, July 23-25. The show will feature nearly 2,000 antique tractors and trucks built by International Harvester between 1907 and 1985. Stationary engines, farm implements, and memorabilia will also be showcased.

"Red Power Roundup" is open to the general public and typically draws around 20,000 visitors over three days. The club has pledged to donate proceeds from the event to the Wisconsin Historical Society.

The Historical Society and the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Collectors Club will use the occasion to draw attention to the Society's McCormick-International Harvester Collection. The collection includes the papers of Cyrus Hall McCormick, his family, and the companies he founded. One of those companies was the International Harvester Company, a Chicago-based manufacturer of agricultural equipment, trucks, construction equipment, and lawn (garden) tractors.

The society will take part in the show with exhibits, an information booth, and a vendor table at the Alliant Energy Center. In addition, staff from the library, archives, museuma and the historic preservation office will present programs on genealogy, preservation of documents, care of family photos, the history of barns, and historical clothing.

One of the colorful highlights of the event will be a parade of 200 antique tractors from the Alliant Energy Center to the Society's headquarters building. The parade will be lead by "Grand Marshall" Micheal Perry, bestselling author of "Truck: A Love Story", "Population 485", and other books. The tractors will park on the Library Mall in front of the Society building from 11am to 1pm on Friday, July 24th."

Going to be there on Sat,bringing my Original #682 and the 982TD first and last models IH made.Need to get the polish out and shine them up

Ahhhh, YES! Something for My Wife to do @ RPRU! Seminar on Geneology! My Wife has gone to the Wis. Historical building several times researching Her ancestors, She just found out less than a week ago Her application to The Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) has been accepted, She gets formally inducted July 6th in Washington D.C. but doesn't have to be present to WIN. She searched back seven generations but was actually accepted to DAR from the sixth generation back.

ANYHOW, Back on topic, about a week ago there were still openings available for the Tractor Cruise to the Historical Society bldg.

If Your serious about taking part in a "Cruise" with Your tractor there's another show east of Madison in Waterloo, WI. that is having a run from Waterloo to RPRU on Thursday if I remember right. I'll check the RPM board and confirm that day and try to get a departure time. I did a Mapquest on Waterloo and I seem to remember it's something like 25-30 miles running all back roads.

Back