• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2084 snowblower width

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, but the driven pulley, idler pulleys, brackets, etc are all set up for a 4.5" PTO clutch. I wouldn't expect the belt alignment to be ideal with a different size clutch than what it was intended for.

Did he actually measure it? Can you get a photo of it?

H e doesnt seen very reliable, Said he will measure it but its like pulling teeth out of some people. But maybe someone else is interested without any questions. But hopefully i will have an answer soon so us.

Probably would not have been a "deal" if it was the wrong one. I ask alot of questions too, even when I already know the answers and just want to find out if the other guy knows what he's talking about. And I never even read the book "The art of making a deal" :roflol:

He must have heard you Harry, I finally got a reply. He says its 45" wide. it comes with a 60 " deck but does not have a mule drive unless the blower uses the same one ?

hahaha - glad he got back to you. I looked for 3 years for a 450 blower and never found one - but that was before the internet. I don't think the blower really has a sub-frame and I'm sure the mowing deck will need one. If it's the old style 60" deck that was made by Haban, that thing is built like a tank. I had one for my 1872 and it took 2 people to handle it. Actually would drive the tractor over it to mount it. I actually think the tractor may have actually weighed less than the mowing deck. The deck had diamond plate steel covers over the spindles and looked like it may have been designed to drive on them. The 1872 had that aluminum rearend and the Mag 18 engine, and both were pretty light weight - but it was a great tractor, and loved the power steering. If I could have found the blower I would have kept the tractor.

20210402_212217.jpg

If it's the old style 60" deck that was made by Haban, that thing is built like a tank. I had one for my 1872 and it took 2 people to handle it. Actually would drive the tractor over it to mount it. I actually think the tractor may have actually weighed less than the mowing deck. The deck had diamond plate steel covers over the spindles and looked like it may have been designed to drive on them.

I would not reccommend driving over the Haban decks to mount them. Yes, they are very heavy, but I would not say they are designed to be driven over. I had to weld up over a dozen cracks on mine around the gauge wheel mounts. I'd be willing to bet a lot of those cracks were caused or helped along by driving over the deck.

Easiest way I have found to mount it is to jack up the front of the tractor, remove both front wheels, slide the deck under from one side (I made some dollies to fit under the back edge of the deck so it'll easily roll sideways) then put the front wheels back on, slide the carriage and mule drive in from the front, and then hook it all up.

I would not reccommend driving over the Haban decks to mount them. Yes, they are very heavy, but I would not say they are designed to be driven over. I had to weld up over a dozen cracks on mine around the gauge wheel mounts. I'd be willing to bet a lot of those cracks were caused or helped along by driving over the deck.

Easiest way I have found to mount it is to jack up the front of the tractor, remove both front wheels, slide the deck under from one side (I made some dollies to fit under the back edge of the deck so it'll easily roll sideways) then put the front wheels back on, slide the carriage and mule drive in from the front, and then hook it all up.

Well Matt - now we have the answers about driving over the deck. Since I only had the 1872 a few years and didn't have any optional attachments for it I think I only ever detached and attached that 60" deck twice. And kinda funny story about getting the tractor. It was before the internet and I saw an ad in the local bargain paper titled "Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor". I knew many people aren't aware of the difference between "Lawn" and "Garden" tractors, so I gave the guy a call. I asked him what model number it was, and of course the response was "I don't know". But here's the next thing he said "My Dad retired and moved to Florida. He just gave me the tractor but it's just to BIG to mow my yard". The next thing I said was "Can you give me directions to your place"? And the rest is history. The tractor was only ever used to cut grass. I don't remember how many hours were on it but it couldn't have been that many. Still wish I could'a found some snow removal equipment to go with it. Al Gore was just to slow in inventing the Internet. :errrr:

Thoughts ?

Well "Cubs For Life Of Me" - as you can see I really can't help you with info on the 450 Blower. I looked for years and didn't find what I wanted. I would have even settled for a 54" blade for a Super Garden Tractor, which was $1200 from the dealer at the time. I would suggest if you can, have a further discussion with Matt G. He's quite knowledgeable on these units (as you may tell from his posts).

Back