• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2084 running hot

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

eslenk

I have a 2084 that was running hot and dropped an exhaust valve seat. Pulled both heads and cleaned and de-carboned and put it back together with all new gaskets. The mower always ran great and still does but it still runs hot. I thought it could be running lean but it has the non-adjustable "compliance" carburator. Any ideas what the problem could be?
Thank you.

I have a 1882 that started running hot and I could not figure out why. It actually got so hot that it would shut down. I finally took it to a buddy of mine who works at a IH tractor dealer and he found the crankshaft seals were shot. It leaked oil down into the fan area and clogged up the fins on it so that it wouldn't blow any cool air thru it. He had to take the motor out of the frame and power washed it to clean all of the grud out of it. After replacing the seals with new ones it now runs fine. It does use some oil now due to the temper being taken out of the rings and the compression is lower than it should be. It only has about 90lbs in each cylinder.

When I pulled the heads I had the motor out and cleaned every square inch of that motor but no difference.

Latest posts

Back